2017 Tofino Reports

Ferguson June 6.JPG Ferguson June 5.JPG IMG_3775.JPG IMG_3804.JPG Ferguson June 6.JPG Ferguson June 5.JPG IMG_3775.JPG IMG_3804.JPG

Been decent for Halibut this year so far as well as a few Chinooks.

Raphael Point and Portland point areas producing both species on Anchovies and Herring

Attachments

• IMG_3821.JPG
    IMG_3821.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 150
Just came in, spent 4 hours at Clifford. Maybe a dozen hits, released a few small springs and more Coho. Largest spring maybe 10, biggest Coho almost 10 too.

Okay for first time out, was working on cleaning the boat and getting things set up so missed a few not paying attention.

Maybe try for Hali tomorrow morning

Anyone have a recent fishing report for the Tofino area. Leaving Sunday for a week and thinking of going to Tofino instead of Nootka this year. Usually fish Tofino in Aug but might just leave my boat there for the year this year. Nootka was so hot and cold last year might try Tofino.

So quiet on this one. I'll be fishing with my bride Friday-Sunday. Maybe Monday am, but she doesn't know that yet. It'll have to be inshore or a slow troll out around the corner at Wilf or similar. She won't tolerate the landings when my boat gets airborne in the swells. I may have to do a few evenings solo to get offshore. There was a Tofino guide working at Wya on Saturday. Like me, maybe he just enjoys the tack there even though there are fish elsewhere. Or maybe it's slow in his regular spots too?

It's very spotty. I went to the big bank Saturday myself.
Feel free to pm.

Are you entered in the salt water classic?

So quiet on this one. I'll be fishing with my bride Friday-Sunday. Maybe Monday am, but she doesn't know that yet. It'll have to be inshore or a slow troll out around the corner at Wilf or similar. She won't tolerate the landings when my boat gets airborne in the swells. I may have to do a few evenings solo to get offshore. There was a Tofino guide working at Wya on Saturday. Like me, maybe he just enjoys the tack there even though there are fish elsewhere. Or maybe it's slow in his regular spots too?
Not much to brag about so far, lol. Grinding out our fish

Not much to brag about so far, lol. Grinding out our fish

What are you being nice to us folks south of you and leaving a few in the water for us this year. Renfrew has been real good to the moochers the last week, 20+ springs for me on Thursday, double digits again on Friday to 33 lbs, a little slower yesterday (8) to 35 lbs :D Seals are still a major problem, hope things heat up for you soon.

What are you being nice to us folks south of you and leaving a few in the water for us this year. Renfrew has been real good to the moochers the last week, 20+ springs for me on Thursday, double digits again on Friday to 33 lbs, a little slower yesterday (8) to 35 lbs :D Seals are still a major problem, hope things heat up for you soon.
Yeah your crying last year really affected me so we are being nice this year ;)

Glad you are slaying them...a little jealous that you are getting sizeable fish

^ Saw your rig at Big bank Saturday! (and 38 other boats). A run for sure but it was sure consistent action, mix of small-mid size red/white/marble fish. Very fortunate it layed down enough to get out there! Scratchy for sure otherwise!

Was my first time out there. Amazing. I puked.

Yeah your crying last year really affected me so we are being nice this year ;)

Glad you are slaying them...a little jealous that you are getting sizeable fish
Ha ha maybe the squeaky wheel does get the grease some times. I think that with the water temps that the fish are following the old patterns in Renfrew, concerning is the banks, the guides are saying it is on fire, i say catching 8-12 lb springs is a heads up, not no fire. I personally would not pay 1000+ for a charter to catch that size of salmon and 15 lb halibut, i think we are in for a world of hurt down the rd. Back as little as 8 years ago you bet it was on fire but the limits were of the 25 lb sort, hopefully i am wrong, good luck on your season on the water and on the ice :rolleyes:

A couple of PSF reps will be attending this Tofino derby once again. If see them (they'll probably be wearing their yellow PSF fish tees) go say hi!

Good luck to all participants. This derby is raised funds for a lot of great Tofino causes, including local salmon conservation efforts.

Ha ha maybe the squeaky wheel does get the grease some times. I think that with the water temps that the fish are following the old patterns in Renfrew, concerning is the banks, the guides are saying it is on fire, i say catching 8-12 lb springs is a heads up, not no fire. I personally would not pay 1000+ for a charter to catch that size of salmon and 15 lb halibut, i think we are in for a world of hurt down the rd. Back as little as 8 years ago you bet it was on fire but the limits were of the 25 lb sort, hopefully i am wrong, good luck on your season on the water and on the ice :rolleyes:
I agree with you. Catching 8 - 12 lb fish is not on fire and i don't try and sell that. I fish for the quality halibut and decent sized Chinooks and go where they are (or should be). I don't cut plug with mooching weights anymore but do ok off the downriggers

I agree with you. Catching 8 - 12 lb fish is not on fire and i don't try and sell that. I fish for the quality halibut and decent sized Chinooks and go where they are (or should be). I don't cut plug with mooching weights anymore but do ok off the downriggers
When i get the invite to fish with you and Derby, just to let you know I get to bring the go pro to film your secrets and the gps to mark the honey holes, i'll bring the moose meat :)

I'm not sure if anyone can help me on this one, but I'm wondering about moorage on Flores Island. Is it available, is there a contact#, or do you have to sort it out when you get there. I'm wanting to take the family there to hike the Wild side trail and then head from there to Hot springs Cove, with some fishing in the mix of course! I have a 20' boat, so nothing serious as far as a slip goes. I would just need one or two nights.
Thanks.

I'm not sure if anyone can help me on this one, but I'm wondering about moorage on Flores Island. Is it available, is there a contact#, or do you have to sort it out when you get there. I'm wanting to take the family there to hike the Wild side trail and then head from there to Hot springs Cove, with some fishing in the mix of course! I have a 20' boat, so nothing serious as far as a slip goes. I would just need one or two nights.
Thanks.
The trail is under the stewardship of the Ahousat nation. Maybe trying giving them a call

^ Saw your rig at Big bank Saturday! (and 38 other boats). A run for sure but it was sure consistent action, mix of small-mid size red/white/marble fish. Very fortunate it layed down enough to get out there! Scratchy for sure otherwise!

Was my first time out there. Amazing. I puked.
Yeah lots of boats but found a nice grade off a hump and ended up with s hand full of 20'ish reds

Back