2017 Port Hardy Reports

Fished Hardy this weekend. Lots of undersized fish around the harbour area. Tried Castle w/o much luck. Ran out to the Bar and got a couple of keepers in the mid teens. Seems a little slow so far this year.

Fishing has been solid with most local spots producing quality fish. Biggest I've heard of so far is a 34# off Duval last week.

Duval, Castle and Daphne all have fish. Massive amounts of bait in the area which I think is helping hold fish.

The numbers for early season have been above average, hoping it continues.

Good luck

Fishing has been solid with most local spots producing quality fish. Biggest I've heard of so far is a 34# off Duval last week.

Duval, Castle and Daphne all have fish. Massive amounts of bait in the area which I think is helping hold fish.

The numbers for early season have been above average, hoping it continues.

Good luck

Thats great sounds like where we have been before.

I will see if we can stop by one night and see if you are around. Will be up around the 11th. Staying at Scotia Bay.

Was just out at Duval this afternoon with my family for a couple hours, non stop action. Put 3 nice springs in the boat and had some bad hook luck on 3 more. There is a ton of bait in the area, fish were full of what looked to be 5-6 inch anchoive type bait. With this nice high pressure system rolling in I'm thinking they will hang around for a bit.

Stop by for sure. I am generally at my shack at the Quarter Deck marina until about 4:30 each day telling fish stories and having a beer. Back at the cottages after that.

Cheers

Fished with River Boy and my dad at Duval the past 3 days, as well as a short hop over to Castle Point yesterday AM. First 2 days were mostly ho's, with a single spring. Today it was a springy one. Good action including a nice double header between 9-11am. Not sure if it was the trick, but I switched to an orange flasher instead of my standard green. Took 3 in the 10-12 lb range and lost a hum dinger between witches tree and the cabins to the west. Fun day on the water despite a strange start. Nice to have fishing that good (and until later in the morning, relatively not busy) so close to the launch.

Fished with River Boy and my dad at Duval the past 3 days, as well as a short hop over to Castle Point yesterday AM. First 2 days were mostly ho's, with a single spring. Today it was a springy one. Good action including a nice double header between 9-11am. Not sure if it was the trick, but I switched to an orange flasher instead of my standard green. Took 3 in the 10-12 lb range and lost a hum dinger between witches tree and the cabins to the west. Fun day on the water despite a strange start. Nice to have fishing that good (and until later in the morning, relatively not busy) so close to the launch.

Really? :)
It was a busy few days. Nice to see so many coho around

Was just out at Duval this afternoon with my family for a couple hours, non stop action. Put 3 nice springs in the boat and had some bad hook luck on 3 more. There is a ton of bait in the area, fish were full of what looked to be 5-6 inch anchoive type bait. With this nice high pressure system rolling in I'm thinking they will hang around for a bit.

Stop by for sure. I am generally at my shack at the Quarter Deck marina until about 4:30 each day telling fish stories and having a beer. Back at the cottages after that.

Cheers

Sure thing we will try and get over there.

I'm heading up July 23 can't wait, haven't fished on the island for about 10 years, really looking forward to it!

I'll be heading up on July 27th and staying for a couple of weeks. Haven't been up there in August in a number of years as I always usually go up around the middle of July. Can't wait to get up there.

I am going to ask a very stupid question. Is it even worth me packing my prawn traps? If someone knows PM me. I don't need a prawn spot just general area. I just thought it would be fun to explore a bit and see.

Back