2017 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

The springs have been very playful , the past few weeks. Seems the hake & dogfish have also recently come around to join the party... but one of my favourites, pcod, are playing elsewhere... anyone know where they went??

My wife and daughter fished KC on Sunday between boat launch and the hump they limited out using hootchies biggest was 15lbs surprised how productive KC has been this year

Fished from 6 30 to 9 this evening off norris rock. A couple dogfish, one 67 cm spring on the irish cream. 180 feet

Fished from 6 30 to 9 this evening off norris rock. A couple dogfish, one 67 cm spring on the irish cream. 180 feet

Caught my first salmon there as a kid many years ago. Green hoochie behind a flasher and deep six. In a 10 foot boat with a 9.9 hp. Good times.

Glad to hear still fish being caught there.

Couldn't resist an invite to fish Kitty and Grants Reef Monday! Put in a good shift from 11 to 6:30. Bites were spread out over the whole day fishing right on bottom at 200 to 230 ft. We lost a couple around 10 and had to throw a couple back at Grants. Kept 1 red from Grant's and 2 whites from Kitty. Gear ranged from Anchovie, Glow white hootchie and even plugs, with action on all of them. The biggest was 21 in the pic below. Water was lake flat and very enjoyable!

KC.jpg

Couldn't resist an invite to fish Kitty and Grants Reef Monday! Put in a good shift from 11 to 6:30. Bites were spread out over the whole day fishing right on bottom at 200 to 230 ft. We lost a couple around 10 and had to throw a couple back at Grants. Kept 1 red from Grant's and 2 whites from Kitty. Gear ranged from Anchovie, Glow white hootchie and even plugs, with action on all of them. The biggest was 21 in the pic below. Water was lake flat and very enjoyable!

View attachment 33860

Seeing more boats then ever at Grants. I'm guessing a lot more guys from the island are checking it out. Thanks for the report.
That looks like the "Assassins" boat good to see he is still around getting fish.

fished trolled inside kitty hump farm field to boston ridge .116 GrI'ed monster 1 undersize.white hoochie was my reward at 180 draging bottom as i was corrected of my course,20# halli.First one I ever landed solo .and first I landed on my rod.caught others halli but me I just never interest in fishing them when there's salmon to be caught.Grants was on fire early am .all day kitty was slow with no nets out.DSCF2312.JPG DSCF2312.JPG

Was out Saturday and Sunday in between camping with the family at pacific playgrounds boat in the marina( gotta love that). Fished kitty Saturday morning and evening. Mostly coho for me with only one hatchery was a bit slow. Hit grants reef this morning lots of hits all ones that stuck were unders. Lost 2 good hits....****!.. Coho and springs. Seems to be lots of fish around just seem to be small for me anyway. Still a great time on the water. Puttered off salmon point this evening saw a nice orca show and hit a coho and spring! Wild and an under tho....crap! Lots of fish showing tho.

Fished Kitty last evening and lost a couple of fish. But the doggies seem to stick every time. Even on a fast troll. When home empty but it was such a beautiful evening on the water.

hit the water on sunday for the first time off hornby this year. picked up a nice 20lb spring that damn near cleaned out my spool after not even popping the rigger clip

I'm going to pull my bout up to hornby this weekend.
I've never fished the area before. Where would be a good place to begin?
I'll probably moor at fords cove...
Any insight would be excellent!

Fished Kitty last evening and lost a couple of fish. But the doggies seem to stick every time. Even on a fast troll. When home empty but it was such a beautiful evening on the water.

If you are having trouble with doggies switch to hootchies and put a tiny piece of the white Berkley power grub on your hootchie. Dogs don't like the scent of those and you will catch less of them

lots of coho down that way. No trouble getting our limit of hatchery fish.
When the local hatchery only marks 25 percent of our fish, this regulation really needs to change.

lots of coho down that way. No trouble getting our limit of hatchery fish.
When the local hatchery only marks 25 percent of our fish, this regulation really needs to change.

Our hatchery (Rosewall) clips 100% of our fish. I've clipped thousands myself.

Managed to get out for an hour last night to brush off the cobwebs and to get back in the groove.

Seeing a lot of bait scattered around and marking a lot.

Out for an hour today before it started to blow out of the S.W, managed a hatch coho.

IMG_3449.JPG

Back