2017 Powell River Reports

Up at Toba for the weekend. WOW 42 hours trolling and 2 strikes. One fish. Fished hard. 27 guys on a derby and 15 fish caught. 15 guys didn't weigh in a fish. Can't wait to get out front and actually have some action on the rods.

Sounds like our trip. I'm sure you had a great time and got burnt. Toba is very bad this yr.

Too hot for me. 29.5C in the shade in my boat cabin today. Pretty frustrating running around looking for fish when it is good fishing at home BUT that's why it's called fishing not catching. LOL

I fished Saturday am for a couple hours at the sandbanks. Picked up a 12 a 10 and an undersize spring. White hootchie. Spent the day today just burning fuel. Ran up to teakerne arm to check out the falls and Cassel lake and spent the afternoon drinking beer in savory isl. Unreal Day on the water.

Fished this morning at Coho with the rest of the town lots of boats out. Lots of action took home 1 fish and splashed a few back I was fishing solo. 602 plug was the ticket again. I saw lots of nets out and talked to a few buddies who also had fish on board. A few bigger fish showing up now as well. Big derby next week see how that plays out.

Great morning at Texada and Rebecca Rocks Picked up 6 keepers and some thrown back. Most around 150 on army truck glow spoon. Largest was about 16 with 2 about 12.

Great morning at Texada and Rebecca Rocks Picked up 6 keepers and some thrown back. Most around 150 on army truck glow spoon. Largest was about 16 with 2 about 12.

Did you have to be re-trained on the rod or did they make you the net man?

No time for netting. Put out the right gear right leader length and right depth and hooked 5 0f six including the 3 largest. Just giving the old guy a break. So much easier when retired oh wait you still have to go back to work. My bad.

No time for netting. Put out the right gear right leader length and right depth and hooked 5 0f six including the 3 largest. Just giving the old guy a break. So much easier when retired oh wait you still have to go back to work. My bad.

I do have to go back to work. I have a new to me boat to rig up now and only 12 days till our first week away in it. Maybe I should take my next tour off too.

Is someone able to show me where coho point and grants reef is? I have been wanting to take a trip up here one weekend for a change and have heard there can be good fishing.
Cheers

Grant Reefs
  • 49° 53' N 124° 48' W
Coho Point
* 49.7947° N, 124.6233° W
Coho is the Northern tip of Texada From there if you were to draw a line towards Campbell River it is about 7.5 miles to Grants

Went out this morning the NW winds took me to the sandbanks. Nothing skunked. Slow not action at all. I talked to another guy who was fishing there all morning as well nothing. Hopefully I can get out to this weekend.

Had a decent night at grants . Fished the flood from 430 till 9 or so. Picked up around 8 fish. most were in the 8 to 10 lb range but one was into the 20s . Blue and silver spoon caught a lot of them but the ap tackle works 5 inch spoon caught the big one.

Had a decent night at grants . Fished the flood from 430 till 9 or so. Picked up around 8 fish. most were in the 8 to 10 lb range but one was into the 20s . Blue and silver spoon caught a lot of them but the ap tackle works 5 inch spoon caught the big one.

Thanks for the report Thunder I will creep out that way this weekend. Hurtlocker see you there.

gunna head over to grants this afternoon for the first time......what kinda depth are most fishing? All over the board??
thanks
We had the best luck with a rod around 100 and another 160 fishing in 180 to 250 feet of water. We tried shallower and deeper but found all the bait in that zone .

We fished Coho last night, bait was near the bottom for most of the evening around 250. Couple of Coho around 100-120. Didn't see a lot of fish taken.

We fished Coho last night, bait was near the bottom for most of the evening around 250. Couple of Coho around 100-120. Didn't see a lot of fish taken.

At least you were out there enjoying it. Nice to see. Did you fish till dark? Bite has been coming on at dusk from what I have heard.

Back