2017 Nanaimo Reports

Got out for a quick fish tonite with Petermac. One hit one fish. 9-10 lb marbled hatchery. Rolling chovie at 79' on the rigger. Still a little but of algae out there. Belly had 3 seven inch herring in him.

Anyone reports from the last couple days? Gun shy about the algae as I( like others) lost a cannonball due to it. Hoping to get out tomorrow a.m. as the wind looks favourable

Thanks

BL

Anyone reports from the last couple days? Gun shy about the algae as I( like others) lost a cannonball due to it. Hoping to get out tomorrow a.m. as the wind looks favourable

Thanks

BL
Lots of small stuff for us mostly in 300 to 500 feet of water. Caught up with the Creel guy towards the end of the day; he'd seen a total of 6 fish. Good luck.

There is the odd one hanging around. Spoons seem to be catching shakers lately, but hoochies are doing well.
A higher % of keepers are now red or marbled, yay!

I got out last night. No algae which was good. Also not a hit. Not so good. Fish alot of depth, rolled chovies and hootchie and spoons. All fish on sounder were deep, around 300'. Barometric pressure change driving them deep???

Well done Being3. Nice looking fish. I like the colour on its back.
At what depth? And at what time please?

Anyone fished Neck Point or Snake recently?

Was out yesterday 5am till noon at neck and fingers. Caught several unders and one decent one lost at boat. There were lots of boats out but not sure how others did ... didn't see anything in the drawer at Breken.

Thanks for that. Going to be fishing here shortly.

Out for a quick fish tonite off fingers. 3 shakers, one just under and a minnow. Most action up high around 100'. Chovies and homeland security spoon. No hits on a few hootchies that I threw down.

Sure is quiet in here, is being3 the only one out fishing!? Seemed like the fishing picked up just after the silva bay derby with some bigger fish coming in. Any reports from this weekend? @being3 how deep were you finding those? Seems like they are coming up shallower.

Sure is quiet in here, is being3 the only one out fishing!? Seemed like the fishing picked up just after the silva bay derby with some bigger fish coming in. Any reports from this weekend? @being3 how deep were you finding those? Seems like they are coming up shallower.

I was out yesterday with the family. We spent most of our time on the water (noon - 5pm) anchored up swimming and hanging out. We did fish for about an hour and managed one under spring and one 8" coho both were on Irish cream spoon. 137 on the rigger in 400 feet of water. We marked some huge bait balls off neck point but never managed a hit going through them.

Fishing has been tough lately. In my last 4 outings in the last 2 weeks we have only managed 1 keeper spring... I have also spoken with a few other boats with the same results. Any ways I'm in prepping mode now as we leave for port McNeill first thing Friday morning, hopefully fishing is better up there.

I was out for a few hours last night 5-8 and managed a 9#, lost another keeper before seeing it, and a handful of undersized. We were 120-150 in 400 feet of water. Homeland 3.5" spoon was the ticket as per usual, but tried one of those new Peets spoons and it had some hits right away too. Anybody else using them? They have a pretty erratic action, or at least the ones with the ring on the bottom do.

2 hours at Thrasher on Saturday afternoon/evening. 2 unders and a 6 lb. hatchery coho. First coho of the year for me.

Got out for a few hours last night, quick start with a double header in tight to the big Finger. (About 5:30 pm)We were just about to release an undersized Spring, and the other rod went crazy. I grabbed it an had great fight with a 15-16 pounder. It sure peeled the line off! about 80 ft down in 103 ft on a Bon Chovy flasher and 3.5" Irish Cream spoon. After that just a few shakers. Beauty night out there. Pardon the sideways pic.....

Attachments

• 20170625_172609.jpg
    20170625_172609.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 135
Back