2017 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

We were out on Monday all night at Upwood, picked up a mid teens on a anchovie.
All this week was a bust with that stiff NW. Made it out yesterday fished Upwood, picked up a low teen on a 407 tubby uv scale, finished the night at Epsom and didn't touch anything.
Lots of bait around but no love for me.

Wind was howling on Wednesday when we arrived but much better Thursday and Friday.

Many thanks to TheHurtLocker for reaching out to us and giving us info on where to fish, as this was our first time in the area. It was good to have a local fisherman's help and explore new fishing locations.

We caught/released lots of undersized springs, couldn't find any keepers. Anchovies seemed to work the best, then the Homeland Security spoon.

Just need to find some bigger fish now that we are back home.

Wind was howling on Wednesday when we arrived but much better Thursday and Friday.

Many thanks to TheHurtLocker for reaching out to us and giving us info on where to fish, as this was our first time in the area. It was good to have a local fisherman's help and explore new fishing locations.

We caught/released lots of undersized springs, couldn't find any keepers. Anchovies seemed to work the best, then the Homeland Security spoon.

X2 on ST's comments, HurtLocker went out of his way to help us find fish and prvovided tips on how to fish some structure on particular tides. What we were doing seemed to be working, we had just hoped for better results.

X2 on ST's comments, HurtLocker went out of his way to help us find fish and prvovided tips on how to fish some structure on particular tides. What we were doing seemed to be working, we had just hoped for better results.

You guys are welcome, anytime! Great to meet you out there.

Heck of a nice weekend on the water! Pulled into Epsom late Saturday morning to fish around the noon tide change - 20 mins in we had 2 in the box!!! A few fish lost, a feisty coho, a nice mid-teens spring my buddy lost. Ended up with 4. 2 mid-teens, 2 round/under 10lbs or so. Chovy with a dummy flasher, herring on the other side. Mostly 80 - 120', we were hitting fish at all depths. Even as high as 55'

Tried the pilings yesterday for a few hours as it was a closer run for us... One small fish released in good shape.

New boat is an absolute luxury. Unbelievable difference in ride, space, equipment makes for an enjoyable experience!
Yeah... It needs a kicker and tie bar

20170624_111239.jpg

I was out with Livelines last night, trolled around Anderson Bay and Upwood. Nothing again, I contemplated giving up fishing and starting a Outdoor and Nature sight seeing company from the boat. First signs of sun stroke I guess, so I had a cold one and got my sh$t together and we went jigging. Picked up a nice 10 to 12 spring in 50 ft of water and released it. NW picked up around 930 so we slugged it across to home base.

Fished the pilings Tues afternoon hit lots of undersize and kept a 19lb and 12lb. Lots of decent action before the high slack. Fish were caught at 153 on the downrigger in 160-200 feet of water on green glo splatter back hoochie. With dark purple moonjelly flasher with glo/gold tape. Heading to Epsom today.

Fished the pilings Tues afternoon hit lots of undersize and kept a 19lb and 12lb. Lots of decent action before the high slack. Fish were caught at 153 on the downrigger in 160-200 feet of water on green glo splatter back hoochie. With dark purple moonjelly flasher with glo/gold tape. Heading to Epsom today.

Where are the pilings?

Thanks....

Haven't been out in two weeks now due to family visiting and holidays, and I'm jones'n to get out there. Last time out did really well for Lings, slow for salmon, only undersized. Heard this week it was slow for the troll guys, steady for the moochers. Gotta give mooching a try....

Hoping the waters flat tommorow afternoon, hoping to take Grandpa's Peetz and the old man out for a troll. Its always windy when he visits lol.

PS Pilings is along Texada, roughly across from Garden Bay.

Back