2017 Ucluelet Fishing Reports

A buddy of mine was out a couple weeks ago and picked up 3 cookie cutter winter feeders on anchovies 100-120ft not far from the harbor. Weather has been pretty cold and miserable looking forward to this upcoming season along with better water conditions :)

I know that summer is coming and guys have been thinking of where to go on the coast this summer. I found an edited un-posted video today from a Perfect Weather day out at Ucluelet Last August. I uploaded to youtube and posted the link above. This is out on the Banks about 4 to 6 miles off shore.

Any new reports from Ukee? We will be there for 5 days at the end of June. Hopefully there are some nice fish on the banks by then. Can anyone share some general near shore spots that are productive for bottom fish. I know the offshore spots but I've never been successful for bottom fish inshore in the Ukee/Bamfield area.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Fishing in Ukee has been off and on Chinook wise, some days hot other days a grind. Halibut fishing is starting to pick up. Here's a couple pics from the last few trips.
IMG_2870.JPG IMG_2802.jpg IMG_2591.JPG KIMG0177.jpg

Hail Mary here... Forgive me.

Looking for a guide for Ukee
(or Tofino). 7 Guys... July 8th. (Stag party, pretty good choice hey ;)) - Yeah, short notice much?!? Suggestions welcome and appreciated, (PM me).

PS: Yeah, Ucluelet Charters I'm calling you in the AM... :D

Last edited:
Any new reports from Ukee? We will be there for 5 days at the end of June. Hopefully there are some nice fish on the banks by then. Can anyone share some general near shore spots that are productive for bottom fish. I know the offshore spots but I've never been successful for bottom fish inshore in the Ukee/Bamfield area.

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Any hints ucluelet charters?

What's the weather suppose to do I see calling for high winds but is it worth while towing boat over from Parksville... Like to try for some bottom dwelling species... Any info appreciated

Can anyone comment on the parking situation in Ucluelet? We will be arriving on June 22nd departing on the 27th. We have rented at Terrace Beach Resort but it doesn't sound like there is room to park the boat (19' Campion). I am fine with launching each day or I would consider getting moorage at the dock. I still need a solution for the trailer. Any from the regulars?

Thanks,
Brian

Thursday 6/15
Morning
Gale warning with dangerous seas. Small craft advisory. Use extreme caution. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: S 3 meters at 8 seconds

Winds: SE 26 to 35 knots

Afternoon
Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: SSW 2.8 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: SW 11 to 15 knots

Friday 6/16
Morning
Light winds with a slight chop. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: WSW 2.3 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: WNW 9 to 12 knots

Afternoon
Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: WSW 2.2 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: WNW 11 to 15 knots

Saturday 6/17
Morning
Light and variable winds with smooth seas. Small short period wind waves.

Seas: WSW 1.5 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: S 3 to 4 knots

Afternoon

Seas: WSW 1.4 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: SSE 4 to 6 knots

Sunday 6/18
Morning

Seas: WSW 1.5 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: SE 5 to 7 knots

Afternoon

Seas: WSW 1.6 meters at 9 seconds

Winds: SE 4 to 5 knots

Monday 6/19
Morning

Seas: WSW 1.6 meters at 10 seconds

Winds: S 4 to 5 knots

Afternoon
Light winds with a slight chop. Small long period swell.

Seas: WSW 1.6 meters at 10 seconds

Winds: SW 6 to 8 knots

Tuesday 6/20
Morning
Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Small long period swell.

Seas: W 1.6 meters at 10 seconds

Winds: WNW 13 to 17 knots

Afternoon
Windy conditions with choppy seas. Small craft advisory. Moderate short period wind waves.

Seas: WSW 1.9 meters at 10 seconds

Winds: WNW 17 to 23 knots

Can anyone comment on the parking situation in Ucluelet? We will be arriving on June 22nd departing on the 27th. We have rented at Terrace Beach Resort but it doesn't sound like there is room to park the boat (19' Campion). I am fine with launching each day or I would consider getting moorage at the dock. I still need a solution for the trailer. Any from the regulars?

Thanks,
Brian

You should be able to call Island West or just drop in, launch there for a fee, and pay about $4.00 per day for trailer storage in their compound. If you plan to launch and fish at dawn, you'll need to go during office hours the day before or call and explain. If you moor there you also get very reasonable access to their walk in freezer. ( I prefer salt ice and filleting at home). The boat basin is cheaper for moorage. June should be wide open. Later in the year it's busy everywhere and you'll need to reserve.
There is a free launch, but I don't know anything about parking the rig, plus you still need a place for the trailer each night.

Thanks for the weather update fishtofino I'm guessing tommorow ilk be staying home as I'm sure the 672 campion Explorer wouldn't wanna be out in that... I've got caught out on the banks a couple years ago when wind came up and seas aswell... Lesson learnt for the 3 hr journey back to ukee... So guess I'll be waiting till Monday or someday next week... Are there many fish around??!

Thanks for the weather update fishtofino I'm guessing tommorow ilk be staying home as I'm sure the 672 campion Explorer wouldn't wanna be out in that... I've got caught out on the banks a couple years ago when wind came up and seas aswell... Lesson learnt for the 3 hr journey back to ukee... So guess I'll be waiting till Monday or someday next week... Are there many fish around??!
The weekend looks good.

Not sure about Ukee but there are salmon west and south of Tofino.

Back