2017 Campbell River Reports

Dropped the prawn traps off Frisco bay with everyone else and trolled the red can to light house. Caught 2 undersize springs and a lingcod with a big lump on its side. (all live released). Ended up with enough prawns for snack. Great day on the water

Finally made it out last Saturday ( first time since chum derby)!! Not much going on for me, managed 3 shakers and a ling. All at Shelter, running deep. I must be getting rusty, and out of practise. I think I need to spend a lot more time out there to get back into it!!

Hey Prawn Star.......I just had a look and that is the way I read it also!
Any winter springs still around? Anyone been out at the hump or shelter?

Fished between Willow and Shelter on Monday. Wasn't hot but managed two keepers 8 & 12 lb. one under size and a couple of lings released. Nice morning 7 - 11:30.

Anyone run that track in the summer at all? If so, what depth do you target?

Just curious as opposed to lighthouse or the green can.

Got to Kitty Coleman hump today just after the freak weather passed and high tide. Got some good action right away, a couple of shakers and a nice 13lber. All quiet after that till noon. Anchovies at 190ft in 200 ft of water.

Was out prawning and trolled for a bit off the green can, two dog fish and thats all. Few prawns. Amazed how many guys are pawning in closed areas. Guess the regs are to hard to read.

Fished around campbell river hump today, wicked afternoon sunshine, no salmon but lucky enough the prawns were biting.:)

Any intell of late ? Sentry shoals? Shelter point? Quadra hump?

Back