2017 Nanoose Bay/French Creek Reports

Hit the north end of Lasquiti today for high slack and landed 2 8lbers. One @ 90' on a blue splatter back and other @ 120' on a blue and silver coyote. Great day out their!

BD.JPG

Went out yesterday morning to Bellenas for the first time of the year. We got 1 8 lb. Also seen a hump back hanging out around Gerald island. Was really neat to see a hump back on the inside.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went out yesterday got 1 keeper released couple undersized before getting blown off the water. Back out today no keepers set prawn traps for 2 hours obviously not long enough

Yes it was a nice one only trolled for a couple hours. Bonked that one and released a bunch of just undersize, hootchys seem to be the favourite today All in deep water off Ballenas....................BRS

Hit low slack this afternoon at the humps and got a half dozen undersize before I pulled the pin. Most hit on glow green hooch @120' in 220'. Was hoping to find a keeper at some point but no joy. Lots of algae which made a mess of the line but it was still a fun, busy afternoon fishing solo

image.jpeg Went to Ballenas and picked up a nice one one first pass. Fished for three more hours out deep and in tight and nothing but slime one the line. It was so thick the down riggers kept tripping the switch, got to try and get it off today. The last fifty feet on the line was hard to reel in, I just reeled it right to the flasher then cut the line and cleaned it off. Nice day out there only saw one other boat and it was a Hourston a little smaller than mine. Any fish................BRS

Back