2017 Victoria and Oak Bay Reports

Was also out Friday with Rockdog anchored up for halibut and there was a dude in a big shiney new weldcraft trolling for salmon zig zagging through all the anchored up boats! Could not believe it. I wonder how many guys in the fleet out there picked some new gear out of their anchor lines.....I mean I know I don't own the ocean but for Christ sakes man!

GnB

hit constance around 830, saw lots of guys anchored up out there and we stayed well away from them. bobbed around the freighter and got a couple 5's, a 7 and a 9.

Great day out there yesterday. We retained our first "big" fish of the year being a 12lb hatchery as well as a good BBQ fish, & released some wild and barely legal fish.

Attachments

• IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 101
can anyone help me with the tide/currents - is there anytime on saturday that would be good to go at constance?

If you wanna get out there early before daylight and set up shop, you could get a couple decent hours of fishing in while anchored up. If it was me, Id just find a backeddy somewhere and troll for salmon. Maybe some of the more experienced Constance fishermen can chime in, its a bit out of my jurisdiction.

Getting up for Naughtical twilight and running to a spot you know well, close to shore could be do-able but you would need rock steady deckhands to get lines down in time if you are anchoring.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/canada/victoria

Managed a 40 lber Sunday, that set the hook so well it came out his eye. He fought like a 60lber, poor bugger. They are out there but not as many as last year.

no love off the waterfront or the flats today. 3 crab keepers though.
Didnt see any nets out, and talked to others at the dock and no luck. Lots of boats on the flats, pretty quiet on the waterfront.
threw the tackle box over the side of the boat and couldnt get a single bite.

We got out sunday 12:00 to 2:00 on the Flats and only had one hit that got off soon after popping the pin. did get 2 nice crab out of Caddy Bay though. sure was nice weather.

10am to 4pm today,,,,waterfront and Albert Head.. Not even a nibble.. Absolutely beautiful on the water today..

Back