2017 Winter Harbour Reports

Road from Sayward north is absolutely HORRIBLE right now. Not sure if they will fix it but ridiculously bumpy and rivets from the big rigs. Thought would give you guys a heads up, crappy boat pulling highway right now for sure.

Pat and Phil have sold to Olis Fishing Charters be sure and check on this years bookings I have emailed Oli`s to confirm my booking .

regarding the cabins on the point, the cabin closest to the marker is privately owned the other two are rented out through Dick at Dicks Last Resort, we have been staying there every June for the past 10 years or so.

Did this just happen recently? Wow Oli is buying it all up....
This happened in the last couple of months I called Oli to confirm my booking he may not be renting the large cabins keeping them for his clients , one should call to check on your bookings .

Has anyone been up to Winter harbour yet this season ?? Looking to go next week and wondering what to expect. Any help would be great,

Has anyone been up to Winter harbour yet this season ?? Looking to go next week and wondering what to expect. Any help would be great,
Lots of white fish, salmon on the highway AND nasty water-It has been a bear this year--My boat is loaded and ready to go but I can't seem to get a break in the weather. Next to no salmon inside yet so you have to go off-shore--if you can't then ling around the headlands inside I guess but not the best. Good luck with the weather!!

This is the earliest I have ever been. Mid June has always been good but I thought I would give it a go early. The weather has been garbage and the forecast is not great. I hope it changes soon

This is the earliest I have ever been. Mid June has always been good but I thought I would give it a go early. The weather has been garbage and the forecast is not great. I hope it changes soon

I have been up as early as 25 april on a good weather forecast and had a fabulous trip. The fish are there-I have managed very early about 5 times in the last 20 years but it is all outside for salmon -some white fish inside but the key is the weather--if you don't have it and can't get outside-it's a waste of gas-my 2 cents

Road from Sayward north is absolutely HORRIBLE right now. Not sure if they will fix it but ridiculously bumpy and rivets from the big rigs. Thought would give you guys a heads up, crappy boat pulling highway right now for sure.
You must mean Port Hardy as the road from Sayward is all pavement

On our way up to WH in 18 days, looks like we'll be launching the boat in either coal harbor or port alice. Looking for suggestions on which location will be better. Done coal harbor 3-4 times but we'll be hitting it right at a low tide.... Can anyone recommend Port Alice and whats the ramp like?

Thanks

Dave

I
On our way up to WH in 18 days, looks like we'll be launching the boat in either coal harbor or port alice. Looking for suggestions on which location will be better. Done coal harbor 3-4 times but we'll be hitting it right at a low tide.... Can anyone recommend Port Alice and whats the ramp like?

Thanks

Dave
Headed there on the 5th..... we launch at Coal Harbour.... worst case is waiting for a high tide. Just plan it right

SPRING FEVER, RONJ, any reports? We leave friday morning and looking for some intel? Good fish inside yet? Are there any COHO around etc?

Thanks

Dave

Anybody finding out what they are feeding on? Wondering if this is gonna be another baby rockfish year.....

Back