Fishing spots near South Surrey?

AbeDC

Novice fisher I'm mostly interested in catching sunfish/panfish and maybe some crayfish, not very interested in trout/salmon. Any tips/tricks on catching them? Or times/places I could catch them?
I heard there were sunfish/carp in the Nicomekl and Serpentine river, but I had trouble finding good fishing spots at either rivers

You could try there. Any ditch, creek or pond will have some sort of course fish to catch. For some great pointers on this type of fishing, you may want to head over to;

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/forum/index.html

Many like-minded folks on that forum. I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions.

ALWAYS check the regulations for closures and limits. Make sure you have a valid license.

Have fun.

You could try there. Any ditch, creek or pond will have some sort of course fish to catch. For some great pointers on this type of fishing, you may want to head over to;

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/forum/index.html

Many like-minded folks on that forum. I'm sure you'll get tons of suggestions.

ALWAYS check the regulations for closures and limits. Make sure you have a valid license.

Have fun.
Thanks! I'll look through there, I would've posted on that forum but registration is restricted at the moment

You can try in the salt water along crescent beach and white rock, off the pieces and jetties. Lots of stuff around to catch like perch, shiners, flounder etc. And you can chuck out a crab trap.

When I fished the Fraser for salmon it was loaded with perch like fish. There are many good spots on the Lower River but I think you will be needing a Tidal Licence. Fishing with Rod prob has map with some of the popular spots. I think they were called "Chubs"

You can try in the salt water along crescent beach and white rock, off the pieces and jetties. Lots of stuff around to catch like perch, shiners, flounder etc. And you can chuck out a crab trap.

When I fished the Fraser for salmon it was loaded with perch like fish. There are many good spots on the Lower River but I think you will be needing a Tidal Licence. Fishing with Rod prob has map with some of the popular spots. I think they were called "Chubs"

I'll have to get my tidal licence, but I'll try the Fraser and the beach for sure when I do get it, Thanks!

Lots of whitefish, peamouth chub, bullhead looking things, and squawfish*ahem* pikeminnow to be had.

It is a pink year, so you should be able to get into them pretty easily anywhere from Gary Point all the way up river as far as you wanna go. Even though you said you aren't interested in salmon.

Back