Zeballos. Fuel? Camping?

Clint r

Whats the fuel situation in Zeballos? Local gas station there? Gov't fuel dock? Possible trip there in the works but know nothing about services in the area. Is a guy able to fish a little closer to the townsite? Or is it a daily run out to the fishing grounds? Centre island comes up slot in the past threads. Any and all info always appreciated. And how's the camping? If it works out I'll be in the area early/mid June. Unless someone could recommend a "peak" time? Maybe able to roll my days if there's a perfect window of opportunity. Happy new year and thanks again for any tips.

i cant speak for the gas services in zeballos as we come from tahsis. in june i would think you will have to fish the highway as fish do not enter esperanza till later. center island can have fish anytime but gets good after july long weekend and gets better and better closer to sept. we fish Aug to sept and have always had a great time. camping is everywhere in esperanza, lots of Kayak camps. the perfect tdate if i was to guess would be Aug long weekend, i've had friends camp near the rock and had lines in at 6..... three man limit before the first boat shows.

hope this helps clint

Don't know about fuel at Zeballos, but there is fuel at the Esperanza Fuel Dock near the entrance to the Tahsis narrows as well as at Westview Marina in Tahsis.

i cant speak for the gas services in zeballos as we come from tahsis. in june i would think you will have to fish the highway as fish do not enter esperanza till later. center island can have fish anytime but gets good after july long weekend and gets better and better closer to sept. we fish Aug to sept and have always had a great time. camping is everywhere in esperanza, lots of Kayak camps. the perfect tdate if i was to guess would be Aug long weekend, i've had friends camp near the rock and had lines in at 6..... three man limit before the first boat shows.

hope this helps clint

Yep. Sure does. Thanks Bones

Don't know about fuel at Zeballos, but there is fuel at the Esperanza Fuel Dock near the entrance to the Tahsis narrows as well as at Westview Marina in Tahsis.

Thanks Bruce. I'm not too worried about boat gas. I'm actually wondering if Zeballos itself had a gas station or does a guy have to somewhere else to fuel his truck?

I believe that Rodgers Fishing Lodge may also sell you some fuel if you need it. As others have said fuel at Cridder Cove, Tahsis, Esperanza Fuel Dock, and Zeballos. We usually send the nights in Port Eliza Inlet on the hook.

Esperanza Fuel dock is awesome. really good prices on fuel and tackle, etc. Really friendly people running it. Westview Marina is great also. maybe a bit more expensive for fuel but only going from what I've been told as I haven't personally purchased fuel there. I think his (westview) tackle prices are pretty good for where they are located. Basically parroting what bigbruce and others have said. Beautiful area.

Back