OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be out Monday/Tuesday for an overnighter... brrr... Hopefully Windytv forecast is more spot on than the Gov forecast...

Well happy New Year's Eve guys. Me and Hans solo went to Tunstal and released a couple 55cm fish today. I'm pretty sure there was a PA boat that got a nice spring out of there. No fish in the box for us but a pair of crab limits. We did see Stingray out there. How did you guys make out? @63stingray

As dan said we were out today. However to the guy in the white bayliner 2452 do you really need to keep undersize salmon? Yes I watched and it was completely obvious that fish was at its best 16-18" throw it back come on now. If your gonna poach atleast make sure it's close to the legal size man

Well happy New Year's Eve guys. Me and Hans solo went to Tunstal and released a couple 55cm fish today. I'm pretty sure there was a PA boat that got a nice spring out of there. No fish in the box for us but a pair of crab limits. We did see Stingray out there. How did you guys make out? @63stingray

Yup, it was a PA boat ;)

As dan said we were out today. However to the guy in the white bayliner 2452 do you really need to keep undersize salmon? Yes I watched and it was completely obvious that fish was at its best 16-18" throw it back come on now. If your gonna poach atleast make sure it's close to the legal size man

Maybe it was a hatchery coho.... Just playing devil's advocate...

yeah 100 percent it was NOT a ho lol

Hi guys,

I'll be out the 6th, 7th and 10th... if any of you out swing by and say 'hi.' I'll be the one either dancing or shivering (disclaimer: the two activities can often look the same!) on the very exposed 19' Whaler "Time Out". Spoke with Meagan Sewell today. She said the wind that came through Sunday/Monday/Today was the worst they've experienced in her life (she's 39) and easily caused the most damage. The centre console on my boat flips over to access oil/batteries etc... probably weighs a good 50-75 pounds and the wind had flipped it over!... insane. Winds expected to die down Thursday as we get into a more onshore weather pattern FYI. As an aside I did my degree in Atmospheric Sciences/Meteorology so if any of you want a second opinion on a forecast or a more localized one (I'd say I've got a decent handle on Southern portion of HS now), feel free to fire away. Tight lines!

JDV thanks for the report, but switch to the 2017 reports thread for this years updates. Awesome job being out their in the snow landing some beauties. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back