2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

This is way off topic but would anyone following this thread know of a warehouse space that I could beg borrow or rent to put my 24 ft boat in? I have to pull the motor and do a leak repair. Some where in the Sechelt to pender harbour area would be great. Just putting out some feelers. Thanks.

Any other trap floats there at the moment? Always a crowded area when I'm there in summer.

Was going to wait till the new year to try for winters but I couldn't resist the urge! Didn't even make it till December lol. Tried to go yesterday, but launched and click click click. Hmm, battery dead - charger told me sweet little lies, and didn't charge either battery even though it said full... bugger! It was flat calm yesterday too...borrowed a charger last night and sure enough all was well.

Went out this morning and shes purring like a kittan. Trolled till about 1230, missed a couple hits got 1 undersize spring and released two nice Lings - one around 8lb, and one around 15lbs. Lots of bait around. Met a guy at the launch that got two keepers yesterday and several undersize... pretty good for a preseason winter trip. I love winter fishing - springs in the salt, and steelhead when it rains... Good luck out there this winter boys and girls!

Was going to wait till the new year to try for winters but I couldn't resist the urge! Didn't even make it till December lol. Tried to go yesterday, but launched and click click click. Hmm, battery dead - charger told me sweet little lies, and didn't charge either battery even though it said full... bugger! It was flat calm yesterday too...borrowed a charger last night and sure enough all was well.

Went out this morning and shes purring like a kittan. Trolled till about 1230, missed a couple hits got 1 undersize spring and released two nice Lings - one around 8lb, and one around 15lbs. Lots of bait around. Met a guy at the launch that got two keepers yesterday and several undersize... pretty good for a preseason winter trip. I love winter fishing - springs in the salt, and steelhead when it rains... Good luck out there this winter boys and girls!

I thought I saw your truck at Selma Park.

My son's new bride's family has a small second home on Redroofs Rd. Where would I launch and fish from there some hypothetical future day?
Coppers Green launch is on the north end of Redroofs. It's not the greatest launch, but it works.

Cooper's Green is also free unlike Secret Cove, just try and avoid low tide if your boat is sizable. If its really low and your anal about your truck not touching saltwater like me, go to Secret Cove.

Burban you have inspired me. I'm going out to giver a little scrub and see what I can muster up. Plus it's the nicest day we have had in two months. Going to get somethings and head out in a couple.

Last edited:
A friend is coming over on boxing day, I'm going to get the crab pots and spring gear polished up and good to go. Might even throw my prawn trap out for the first time ever. Looking forward to some snowy fishing, hopefully the wind stays away.

Anyone been out for springs lately?

A friend is coming over on boxing day, I'm going to get the crab pots and spring gear polished up and good to go. Might even throw my prawn trap out for the first time ever. Looking forward to some snowy fishing, hopefully the wind stays away.

Anyone been out for springs lately?

Out for a bit yesterday to Quarry Bay. Not too much showing on sounder but boated a 9# red hatchery spring.
Looks a little iffy today windwise.

Very nice grascal. We hiked around in the snow for a bit this morning then decided to drop the traps around 11 am. It wasn't that bad this morning but this afternoon got nasty. Lines were down for less then an hour, got 1 sole. 1 empty trap after only an hour (still frozen chinook head), but we had high hope for trap two which a greasy Christmas turkey carcass... 1 keeper and an open side cause some dummy didn't shut one end... not cool man, not cool lol. Oh well, good visit at least.

Managed to get out there today around 1 pm with LiveLines. Fished Epsom lost a good one and released an undersized. Green and glow hoochies were the ticket today.

Back