Vancouver Canucks season

Status
Not open for further replies.
staying relatively healthy will be key, sutter and eriksson should make a difference and both hovart and baertschi should continue to improve, maybe not enough muscle up front, too bad they didn't land lucic. hopefully gudbranson and tryamkin will be enough to discourage teams from running them outta the rink. we do have good goaltending, not too sure about the coaching, didn't like the way larsen was so easily pushed off the puck in corners, i think we need another solid dman. don't think larsen will last a month and hopefully tryamkin continues to improve. I think they will be in the battle for the last playoff spot, if not willy needs to go. also we need a the 2nd power play unit to be the 1st, sedins are way to predictable, power play looked better without them in the preseason imho

staying relatively healthy will be key, sutter and eriksson should make a difference and both hovart and baertschi should continue to improve, maybe not enough muscle up front, too bad they didn't land lucic. hopefully gudbranson and tryamkin will be enough to discourage teams from running them outta the rink. we do have good goaltending, not too sure about the coaching, didn't like the way larsen was so easily pushed off the puck in corners, i think we need another solid dman. don't think larsen will last a month and hopefully tryamkin continues to improve. I think they will be in the battle for the last playoff spot, if not willy needs to go. also we need a the 2nd power play unit to be the 1st, sedins are way to predictable, power play looked better without them in the preseason imho
I agree about the coach

I saw a couple articles stating that Canucks need to score about 30 more goals this year and let in about 20 less to be a playoff team, based on the average GF and GA over the last 5 years for playoff teams.

So to Nicnats point, if what he posted holds somewhat true, they should have the pieces in place to make it happen and perhaps squeak in. will be close either way...

You drinking already you seem to be repeating yourself. As for supporting cast don't see your nucks with much to offer as a supporting cast to a couple of old twins :).
Sorry about the double post. Removed one

I think they will be in the battle for the last playoff spot, if not willy needs to go.

I am pretty sure this team that has been given to him will cost him his job this season. It's unfortunate as he seems like a nice guy but they just don't have the pieces around the aging Sedins who despite putting up points HAVE became predictable a few seasons ago. I don't think he's a terrible coach but when a team isn't winning.....we all know who takes the fall. It certainly won't be the Sedins being moved out of town....haha.

The Sedins are now ~60 point players and are definitely on the downside of their career (pretty obvious comment...haha). The GM's in recent years seem to have done "okay" at drafting with their first round picks but they certainly haven't done much free agency wise. We'll see what Loui does this year and perhaps a healthy Sutter can help things out. Unfortunately for the Nucks....the twins are a hindrance with their contracts and don't allow big free agency splashes but if nothing else it was good to see them get Eriksson.

I certainly don't think they'll be seeing the post season though, the west is just too tough.

In saying that.....stranger things have happened and some of the new and young guys could step up this year; you just never know but I would definitely place my wager on them missing out on the postseason.

This is their last chance, if the Canucks don't turn it around this season I'll be a founding member of the fan club for the new Vegas team that debuts a year from now.

Other random hockey thoughts:
  • Leafs are running true to form right from game 1 - their amazing young rookie scores 4 goals in the first 40 minutes... but they still lose the game. Mwahahahaha!
  • I don't think Willie is a bad coach, but he's got so little to work with. So much of the team is structured around the Sedins, their options are severely limited.
  • However, the recent world cup exposed Torts for the complete dud that he is. He has a star studded team to work with but they can only win one game. And they leave Phil Kessel at home despite him just coming off a career best season.

I'm excited for this year because of the depth we have in the younger guys and new acquisitions. If everyone can stay injury free it will be a good year. I don't understand how the pukes in Toronto have us finishing last.

I am pretty sure this team that has been given to him will cost him his job this season. It's unfortunate as he seems like a nice guy but they just don't have the pieces around the aging Sedins who despite putting up points HAVE became predictable a few seasons ago. I don't think he's a terrible coach but when a team isn't winning.....we all know who takes the fall. It certainly won't be the Sedins being moved out of town....haha.

The Sedins are now ~60 point players and are definitely on the downside of their career (pretty obvious comment...haha). The GM's in recent years seem to have done "okay" at drafting with their first round picks but they certainly haven't done much free agency wise. We'll see what Loui does this year and perhaps a healthy Sutter can help things out. Unfortunately for the Nucks....the twins are a hindrance with their contracts and don't allow big free agency splashes but if nothing else it was good to see them get Eriksson.

I certainly don't think they'll be seeing the post season though, the west is just too tough.

In saying that.....stranger things have happened and some of the new and young guys could step up this year; you just never know but I would definitely place my wager on them missing out on the postseason.
Remember we sold a lot of picks over the last couple of years hoping to make a run...takes time boys takes time

it will be cheaper to fly to vegas to catch a game than going to a nucks game. hmmmm, never been to vegas!

I'm ready to fire willy today, never been a fan of his so i am definitely prejudiced. you can go back to his 1st season here when the nucks played calgary in the playoffs, he was severely out coached by hartley, totaly out of his element imho. either too pig headed or just plain stupid imho. and now he puts hovart on the 4th line, wtf is that, him and baertschi had a great chemistry going, baertschi had some great moments last night and if horvat was with him i'm sure they would have been good for a goal. that one stupid move by willy could have cost them the opener imho. i've read all the reasons for and against this move to the 4th line and imho it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, it's a bush league move and willy is bush league, he needs to go!!!

enough of that rant, lol, we'll see if he comes to his senses tonight, hopefully benning will set him str8. sutter and gudbranson looked great, good start for them, willy will probably bench them both tonight hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back