2016 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Heading out to Barkley sound for the first time ever this weekend. I've been on navonics a couple nights this week and have picked out a few spots to try for ling and prawns. If any of you guys are willing to share a few areas to try via pm I am all ears...

Any chance there will be any coho or chum around? Where would be a good spot to look?

Thanks

Well we went and braved the weather over the weekend, camped at China creek and ran out to the sound Saturday and Sunday. We went in search of bottom fish and we found a couple nice ones! Saturday it poured rain and got pretty windy in the morning but we managed a 6 lbs yellow eye, a 10 lbs ling and a couple bottom fish. My buddy brought all the fixing for fish and chips (deep fryer included) and we gorged on bottom fish and yellow eye in the cook shack at China creek, we almost had the whole camp ground to our self! Sunday the wind and rain mostly left us alone and we were rewarded with this 112 cm 55lbs Hali! 20161002_092602.jpg 20161002_124855.jpg 20161002_132227.jpg

nice!! great catch for this time of year!

Well we went and braved the weather over the weekend, camped at China creek and ran out to the sound Saturday and Sunday. We went in search of bottom fish and we found a couple nice ones! Saturday it poured rain and got pretty windy in the morning but we managed a 6 lbs yellow eye, a 10 lbs ling and a couple bottom fish. My buddy brought all the fixing for fish and chips (deep fryer included) and we gorged on bottom fish and yellow eye in the cook shack at China creek, we almost had the whole camp ground to our self! Sunday the wind and rain mostly left us alone and we were rewarded with this 112 cm 55lbs Hali! View attachment 29929 View attachment 29930 View attachment 29931

Did you get the Hali on the inside or did you pick the Hali and other fish up offshore. Not looking for your secret spots or anything. Just curious if you managed to get the Hali on the inside. Congrats on the catch.

Did you get the Hali on the inside or did you pick the Hali and other fish up offshore. Not looking for your secret spots or anything. Just curious if you managed to get the Hali on the inside. Congrats on the catch.

All fish were caught in the sound, I don't have any secret spots as this was my first time ever in the sound and first Hali in my boat!

Good for you, not too many guys catch Hali on the inside. I'd say you did extremely well. Nice work.

Well done ExFlyGuy! It's encouraging to heat that Hali can be caught on the inside.
Thanks for sharing pics.
Keep it up.

Back