2016 Pender Bluffs

Spent a few hours at the bluffs this morning, released a couple undersized chinooks, and saw one guy land a decent coho. Went to fish around Sidney Island and bonked a nice 9# hatchery coho.

Tried the Bluffs yesterday afternoon. Wife had one on but was sealed as was the only other person we saw with one on.

Out with a buddy this morning, and lucked into a couple of Coho early, then it clouded over and the bite stopped. From the sound of the radio, the few fish that were hooked otherwise were wild, undersized, or taken by Snuffy.

Those might be our incoming Shawnigan coho or possibly Cowichan stock. Just a reminder to everyone to not net them and release in the water. They are going to be unmarked for most part unless your intercepting some mainland run.

Hit the bluffs today 630 til 1 had 4 hits got one wild coho to the boat that was it beauty day

Those might be our incoming Shawnigan coho or possibly Cowichan stock. Just a reminder to everyone to not net them and release in the water. They are going to be unmarked for most part unless your intercepting some mainland run.
Are they mostly unmarked for the most part on purpose, or just because of a lack of manpower?

Fished the late tide change yesterday and about an hour into the ebb and well off the bluffs [1000 yards or so] got a double header [in the boat on my own of course], lots of excitement, got both fish on firmly, picked one, got it into the boat, netting with a 6' leader was more fun but the other fish was gone. About an 8# spring. 10 minutes later the Orca's came through and that was all she wrote. AP silver white herring spoon on one and an anchovy on the other - 75' and 110'.

Out at Pender this morning, released a wild coho about 10#. Nice fighting fish, caught at 66' on a sandlance. Also released a baby chinook, but that was it for me. Saw one other fish caught while I was out there.

Fished from 8:30 - 2 p.m. today. Slow, other than hooking up on seals twice. Manage to lose just the teaser the 1st time and both flasher/teaser the second time. Very frustrating although there are now a couple of seals with some nice jewellery, swimming off the bluffs.
In definite need of some transient drive by's to control the seal population.

Fished the Bluffs for a couple of hours this afternoon and only managed one shaker. Saw a few boats out there but no nets. Nice day and the kids loved it.

7:30-11:30 at Pender Bluffs yesterday morning. Almost landed one good sized spring, but lost it trying to net it. I'll have to re-read the thread on landing fish solo. No coho. A few shakers. Talked to one boat that released 4 wilds. Orcas went through around 10 or so.

Any action at the Bluffs this weekend?

Fished the Bluffs on Friday. 4 other boats around. Nothing till around slack then 3 hits in 45 min starting 11:30. Landed a 6lb Coho, lost a nice fish because my hook came off the spoon and lost a good hit that didn't stick. Didn't see much on the sounder all day but the occassional fish. Didn't see any nets come out either - but I wasn't really watching

Was out at the bluffs yesterday late morn for a couple hours. Saw another 6 boats out there too. Sunny and flat thanksgiving day. We ran into a a bunch of chums including a couple double headers. They had some 'nice' color to them and we let most of them go but did bonk one that was still quite chrome. Will be cooking it up for dinner tonight. All hits ok chovies between 60-110 ft

Did the Coho run ever arrive at the Bluffs this year? Was thinking of heading out on the weekend and trying my luck.

anyone out at the bluffs / moresby these days? I may try to head out this coming weekend and give it a go.

I'm heading out this weekend sometime - probably Sunday. Not sure where I'm going yet - depends on the wind.

Back