2016 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Fished kitty hump today. Lots of weeds and wood on the north end so fished the south end near the second hump. Managed 2 springs one just under legal one just over, both released. Little windy to start but flattened nicely. Great day out with the family! Green needle fish hoochie 100 feet on the rigger for both.

I was hoping someone would be willing to share some kayak fishing locations around hornby island if there are any. My family and I are going to the island end of May and I plan on bringing my salmon/Rock fish gear and a kayak. Any help would be appreciated. Probably will just paddle around dragging gear as this is more of a family trip than a fishing trip. But wouldn't mind having a little bit of a chance of eating some fresh caught fish or showing my daughter an ugly cod.
Thanks.

Hi all, I will be fishing the coleman area a fair bit this year and would appreciate any reports...
I will be reporting my trips as they go, i dont know the area but fished it as a youngster with my pops.. Any decent prawn or crab near coleman ramp?
Thanks and reports will come!
Top Rod

I was hoping someone would be willing to share some kayak fishing locations around hornby island if there are any. My family and I are going to the island end of May and I plan on bringing my salmon/Rock fish gear and a kayak. Any help would be appreciated. Probably will just paddle around dragging gear as this is more of a family trip than a fishing trip. But wouldn't mind having a little bit of a chance of eating some fresh caught fish or showing my daughter an ugly cod.
Thanks.
Thanks.
Ive caught a few nice Lingcod jigging infront of whaling station bay from my kayak. I go out just past the rock points on either side of the bay in about 70-80'

I fished Kitty Tuesday morning. A few boats out there but I did not see much activity. I managed an under-size spring and a couple of small cod all on spoons. It turned into a nice day on the water.

Ive caught a few nice Lingcod jigging infront of whaling station bay from my kayak. I go out just past the rock points on either side of the bay in about 70-80'
Thanks for the info. Heading out in a couple weeks. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Fished the Hump this afternoon. Just a few small springs but no keepers. Fished between 60 - 100 ft with spoons. A few boats out there but we did not see any fish being landed.

Ok, well I have been looking for some coleman reports but not so much. Finally getting second boat rigged and planning to pound the hump hard sunday eve as 5-15 NW should be decent. Maiden salty voyage for "Any Minute" will report my outing, TopRod

Fished the hump today from 10:30 til 4:30 today. Lots of undersized fish, no keepers. Had one fish pop off the rigger but it was gone by the time I got to it. Nice day on the water.

Well, 1st day on water with any minute, fished coleman hump 530-830 and managed a 15lb white, 2 undersize springs and 1 small hatchery coho.
The sun was hot out there and lots of boats but only saw smaller fish being caught.
All in all a great maiden voyage for any minute!
Looking forward to next fish....

fished grants yesterday along the northwest edge of the reef. ended up with 3 keeper springs 8-12 lbs. 4 wild coho released and 1 small keeper hatchery coho released. lots of bait around. another beautiful day on the water. spoons did better than hootchies or plugs for us in the 100-140ft range on the riggers.

I was up at Kitty Coleman yesterday. Just a few boats around. Not many fish showing on the finder and only managed one under size.

Fished the coleman hump this eve, found a couple keepers, 2 pop offs but no sticky.
Coyote spoons at 160 and 135 were the ticket.
Nice night out there with 15 boats or so.

Fished the coleman hump this eve, found a couple keepers, 2 pop offs but no sticky.
Coyote spoons at 160 and 135 were the ticket.
Nice night out there with 15 boats or so.

I was out there for a few hours and the weather was great. Managed a small spring but it was too short. Back it went. Was fishing around 200 feet using hoochies and spoons.

Fished the Kitty Coleman area this afternoon. Lost a nice Spring at the boat. Threw back a few small ones and even put a 5 lb cod back, but I kept this one. Caught on a hoochie while trolling.halibut.jpg

image.jpeg image.jpeg Fished Sunday evening, lots of just under (so close had to err on side of caution). Picked up. 14 1/2 lb white spring trolling the tide line in 200' of water.

Fished yesterday evening, lots of just under as well and a little jack spring finished off with. 7 lb dark red spring.

Both nights found huge bait balls in similar areas.

Back