2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Nice one HurtLocker. I tried soaking a plug the other night, I really like they way they swim in the water. Are you fishing dummies or just two naked plugs?

I got skunked at Nine Mile yesterday, heard of some nice fish taken there this week but all I managed was a 5lb Yelloweye. Think Ill give it a rest till the weekend... gotta be in the right place at the right time soon tho. :cool:

Nice one HurtLocker. I tried soaking a plug the other night, I really like they way they swim in the water. Are you fishing dummies or just two naked plugs?

I got skunked at Nine Mile yesterday, heard of some nice fish taken there this week but all I managed was a 5lb Yelloweye. Think Ill give it a rest till the weekend... gotta be in the right place at the right time soon tho. :cool:

Just two plugs nothing else. Try adjusting your speeds. You just have to keep them down and let them do their thing. Epsom was holding so much bait like I said on the last post. I'm just going to start going out at 630 or 7 and hit the night bite for a while.

Cool thanks. Do you run a bead chain or any swivels between the clip and the plug?

I always run bait, so it'll be nice to try something different every once in awhile.

Going to be out this weekend, first time this year for me finally. Depending what the weather is doing will be around Quarry bay, channel, or Upwood/south texada. Kicker steering is not setup on the boat right now therefore probably will cover a lot of ground hauling butt with some plugs looking for bait on the sounder ;), I think that's maybe going to be the key regardless... Definitely always bring prepped/brined bait out now if I am feeling 'serious' about bringing something back. Weather permitting, wind forecast is kinda up in the air. If it picks up not much in the way of sheltered spots in the area (probably my only complaint about those spots!)

Too sweet THL and LL. No legal silver sides for me, trolled for a couple hours further down around the sergent's bay area. A couple of 4-5 lb Yelloweye again... oh well, fish taco's tonight. Zero to no bait... some very small blips.

Might have to try Thormanby tomorrow.

Quarry Bay for about 3 hours around the morning tide change with 5 other boats or so in sight... Nothing. Not even a mark on the sounder. So they are not here.

Lots of bait being marked however. Not even a shaker or anything on anchovies. Going to travel a bit for afternoon & find the fish!

Hit Epsom for the afternoon tide. Rolled in, lines down then immediately hit fish. a LOT of undersized, one after another for an hour straight. Had a nice one about 10lbs right away I threw back. Shouldve kept it because nothing but undersized!!! Put plugs on to counter that issue, then by that time nobody was getting fish anymore.

Lots of current didn't make it easy to fish solo, also my pliers broke, multiple hook stabs ensued in releases, and slime all over the lines once the tide kicked in. :) Was done after that!

20160611_184505.jpg 20160611_190710.jpg

Thanks for the posts and pics guys. I'm happy to see this area with its own thread instead of being buried in the lower mainland thread. We have a cabin on Thormanby and I love to fish this beautiful part of the world. It's an 8 hour trip from the Okanagan so I don't get there as often as I'd like.

How is egmont point first week of july the last few years? i'll be up their for a week and am think either fishing there or quary bay?

Put 1.5 hours in at Epsom this afternoon on the run up to Secret Cove. Pretty lumpy out there. Landed a 8lb Chinook and 1 undersized. 102 feet on Skinny G Outfitter.

Back