2016 McNeil & Port Hardy reports

Recently transplanted to Hardy, anyone looking for a fishing partner hit me up a DM. I'll spring for gas & refreshments.

I got transfered from Campbell River. Currently I'm in hardy, but when the family moves up after the school year, they'll choose whether we settle in Hardy or McNeill.

Oh, and I do co-own a boat with my dad. But we are waiting till I buy a place & a truck b4 moving it up here.

I'm headed to Pt McNeill next weekend for 3 days. I've never fished that area so I was hoping for recents reports and/or info on where to try. Are the springs moving through yet? I'd also like to try and get my 2 boys (7 and 5) into their first halibut. Thanks for any info you could offer up!

I have been hearing of Hali and Springs being caught, I will be heading up there next week as well. Just wondering about prawning opportunity up there this time of year. I understand the commercial fishery is well under way, just curious if is a complete waste of time? Do the commercial boys fish Beaver Cove I wonder? Any intel would be much appreciated.
thanks

Looking for a more recent report. Heading up next weekend, hoping to get into a Hali or two. Hearing that FN are long lining closer to McNeill? Can anyone confirm that ? May need to change my strategy if that's the case. Thanks!

Looking for a more recent report. Heading up next weekend, hoping to get into a Hali or two. Hearing that FN are long lining closer to McNeill? Can anyone confirm that ? May need to change my strategy if that's the case. Thanks!

RB did you get up there?
Any others making it out in the area?..

I've heard of some good days around Hardy in last few weeks for springs.

We're heading up to stay with the great people (Sandy & Sandra) at Scotia Bay on Wednesday & Thursday night June29/30 on start of our 5 day trip up north island.
Hope the wind cooperates as I'd love to make a run up around top of island again this yr.
Time will tell...fingers crossed

RB did you get up there?
Any others making it out in the area?..

I've heard of some good days around Hardy in last few weeks for springs.

We're heading up to stay with the great people (Sandy & Sandra) at Scotia Bay on Wednesday & Thursday night June29/30 on start of our 5 day trip up north island.
Hope the wind cooperates as I'd love to make a run up around top of island again this yr.
Time will tell...fingers crossed

Hey Springfever552-'I was in Port Mcneiil on a Hali / crabbing trip. Did terrible on both accounts. Spoke with the owner of the local tackle store; he indicated it is slow in McNeill for Chinook my friend lives not far from Daphne point in POrt Hardy.Have no ideas about numbers, but he said lots of boats arounddaphne

Fished Wednesday..not much to report on salmon
Up north all around and across Nawhitti
Very slow for our boat and didn't see any nets out of the other 4? boats around..saw huge schools of pinks heading south.
Met some guests Matt "Banks" and company staying at Scotia Bay that caught this beauty at a location I did not fish lol
Heading out of McNeill today..Fishing and site seeing around Malcolm/ Craycroft and area..
20160630_205510.jpg

Back