2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

Couple good local rods fished Francis, south end of shoal, bargain harbour hard for 2 days for 3/4 hours each day and not much too show except undersized. Fished chovies and spoons. Worst year in a long time for these locals

You are planning on mooching in the area? Cool. Don't see that too much up there anymore.

ya ill be the guy on the hook at Epson or sangster, 21' trophy. my father and uncle fished alot up there through the 80's (26' Campion "TYEE 1" Moorage in secret). i was a lucky kid and basically was able to fish every weekend through july and aug. My uncle is getting older and this will be his last time. i just sorta wanted to give back what i was given and try to stir up some memories. i tried to take him to nootka for a shot at a big one but far to rough for the old guy he did get a big one and in his eye it was 35lbs... lol so all good there.

ya ill be the guy on the hook at Epson or sangster, 21' trophy. my father and uncle fished alot up there through the 80's (26' Campion "TYEE 1" Moorage in secret). i was a lucky kid and basically was able to fish every weekend through july and aug. My uncle is getting older and this will be his last time. i just sorta wanted to give back what i was given and try to stir up some memories. i tried to take him to nootka for a shot at a big one but far to rough for the old guy he did get a big one and in his eye it was 35lbs... lol so all good there.
Was up there this past wknd doing the exact same thing. Only caught two in a couple of days but very relaxing. We were at epson but apparently Pt. upwood was the place to be. Good Luck

Hope you have a great trip. You may want to try Quarry also. Been on fire there this week.

A friend put in some leg work and mooched up a 22lb last week Bones, you should have a good shot at doing well - good luck! Heard a report of lots of undersized from this week at Epsom.

Thinking of fishing Upwood/Anderson Saturday morning. Quarry is a little far for me, and I haven't had much luck at Epsom this year so my confidence is a little shot there, even though it might be good... might just burn right over to Texada. Bah, decisions.

A couple 7's and an 11 from Texada this morning. We lost our limit fish at the net after it wrapped itself up, it wasnt to be. Water was nice, turned out to be a great day after yesterday's deluge.

Attachments

• may29springs.jpg
    may29springs.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
We limited out today at Texada as well. Anchoives and spoons. Hit the morning tide and fished until the NW came in. It was a little greasy getting back across. All fish were around 10 lbs.

Damn, I stayed around the mainland side all weekend and saw nothing at all on the finder. Epsom, Bjerre, south end Thormanby, all same. glad to hear some fish were caught because it was a big ol zero for me.

Nothing at Upwood tonight. Good pal of mine was at Sangsters and got in to a bunch of fish on the jig. Biggest was 26 lbs, and a 15b.

Went to Epsom tonight. The water was like glass. Lots of boats out. Kept 3 out of 6 legal fish. Biggest was 16. Some caught on a green/purple spoon my buddy brought. No idea what the name of it was. Was fine and dandy till he dropped over the side when we were packing it up.

Back