2016 Powell River Reports

Talked to 2 buddies who were out today. No springs sounds like fishing has been slow the past few days out front. Lots of guys chasing bugs before the commies start.

Fished the n/w side of Harwood for a few hours today. Ended up with 3 springs. Smallest around 10 and biggest in the 18lb range. All on the no bananas spoon.

Fished the same spot today from 1030 till 130. Ended up with 4 springs to the boat . All in the 10 to 18 range. Sent everything back this weekend . 6 of 7 springs this weekend on the same no bananas spoon. Right on the bottom.

I fished the Iron Mines this past weekend and got four keepers, biggest bring 18lbs. All on green spoons and flashers. Also picked up a Coho at Mystery Reef. That was on a Purple Haze hoochie.

I fished the Iron Mines this past weekend and got four keepers, biggest bring 18lbs. All on green spoons and flashers. Also picked up a Coho at Mystery Reef. That was on a Purple Haze hoochie.

Good to see a PR report. Big Derby Saturday we will see what that brings in. Thanks DollarBoat for sharing.

Any word on how the derby went? Freinds of mine were going to go out but he blew his back out on fri.

Fished Grants yesterday morning. Nothing. Saturday for the derby it seems everyone got fish but it's gone dead again.

I was out today 1130 to 4 at coho. No love for us. Ran bait , hootchies, spoons but nothing was around. Very little bait. Talked to a buddy and they had some luck at grants. Tons of bait over there . Herring 6 to 8 inches long in the bellies.

I fished coho pointFriday night with no luck. Fished the sand banks on Saturday from about 1030 until 2 with only one undersize . Moved over to coho and trolled to Favada point lost a decent one right at the boat about the half way point. Ended back at coho and picked up a keeper. Both fish were hooked on plugs.

Spent the afternoon on the beach back side of Harwood with the family lots of boats coming and going from Grants.

image.jpeg Back side of Harwood this afternoon we hid from that stiff SW and SE. Picked a couple up on hoochies.

Back