Farmboytim

Any news from Toba yet? Seen some reports of fish from Powell River Facebook thread. Headed up in a few weeks and would love a little intel if someone would like to share.

Toba has been producing. There has been some big fish taken out of Toba the last 3 weekends. I know of some fish taken out of Bute as well.

Hey Leftcoast - nice to hear from you. I am headed up May 13th weekend. Staying at Spilsbury Pt on Hernando. Will probably shoot you a note leading up. My friend is going up Thursday this week. Anything specific up in Toba or just keep going till you find em? thx

Hey Leftcoast - nice to hear from you. I am headed up May 13th weekend. Staying at Spilsbury Pt on Hernando. Will probably shoot you a note leading up. My friend is going up Thursday this week. Anything specific up in Toba or just keep going till you find em? thx

I think I probably know your friend. I'm heading up Thursday as well for 4 days. It's a nice little run from Hernando. Good reports out of Toba this past weekend. I usually try a few spots during the day since we fish long days and usually at some point we get on fish. I will have a full report on Monday.

I think I probably know your friend. I'm heading up Thursday as well for 4 days. It's a nice little run from Hernando. Good reports out of Toba this past weekend. I usually try a few spots during the day since we fish long days and usually at some point we get on fish. I will have a full report on Monday.
Hey Leftcoast, I'm farmboy's buddy. I'm heading up Thursday and leaving Monday. We'll be fishing everyday, I hope, but not all day. We should keep in touch... What vhf channel do you monitor? Thx

Hey Leftcoast, I'm farmboy's buddy. I'm heading up Thursday and leaving Monday. We'll be fishing everyday, I hope, but not all day. We should keep in touch... What vhf channel do you monitor? Thx

Sent you a message Big Easy

I was up on the weekend. Prawning sucked lots of blanks. Fishing was good considering we only fished between sets and not on a tide change. 8 fish all between 13 and 20lbs. Unfortunately we didn't hook the slab my wife lost the weekend before. 10' from the boat and it layed over and spit out the hook. Looked to be close to a tyee. Leaving it for Left Coast and the derby boys. Should be great fishing for you guys. I hope the prawning picks up after the full moon.

Awesome chatter boys. Big Easy/Leftcoast - jealous. I am sure you boys will have the placed dialed by Monday. When is the derby? Is it out of Powell River? What are the boundaries for it?
Charlie415 - that sounds epic man. WOW!!

Charlie415 I saw your truck and trailer and figured you were having some fun in Toba. Good to hear. You fishing in the same old spots? Hopefully the fish are still around and we can find the prawns should be a fun 4 days.

Farmboy it's just a small derby between friends all from PR. No boundaries no really prizes just bragging rights and a good time.

Charlie415 I saw your truck and trailer and figured you were having some fun in Toba. Good to hear. You fishing in the same old spots? Hopefully the fish are still around and we can find the prawns should be a fun 4 days.

Farmboy it's just a small derby between friends all from PR. No boundaries no really prizes just bragging rights and a good time.
Hey leftcoast, this forum thing is new to me. Not sure how I check my PMs.... any tips? thx

I fished Brettell Pt, Channel Island, Double Island and Waddington Channel. All produced fish. Didn't get to the beach as others that were there earlier reported that it was slow. We just fished where we dropped our traps.

I fished Brettell Pt, Channel Island, Double Island and Waddington Channel. All produced fish. Didn't get to the beach as others that were there earlier reported that it was slow. We just fished where we dropped our traps.

Good to know! Thanks. 2 sleeps the count down is on.

Farmerboytim, isn't running up to Toba from Hernando like 30-40 miles? I know it's a gorgeous run but that's a fair distance to travel twice a day. Just curious!

Chuck - we are planning on running up from Vancouver for the weekend - weather permitting - do it all the time as I have a place on Hernando- leave Friday AM home Sunday. There are 7 of us. So lots of wallets. Will put 500 miles on the boat in the weekend. Boat cruises at 38-40 knots @4400RPM so if the water is nice so its about 30-40 minutes from Spilsbury to Dean Pt. Built the boat to make tracks.

Chuck - we are planning on running up from Vancouver for the weekend - weather permitting - do it all the time as I have a place on Hernando- leave Friday AM home Sunday. There are 7 of us. So lots of wallets. Will put 500 miles on the boat in the weekend. Boat cruises at 38-40 knots @4400RPM so if the water is nice so its about 30-40 minutes from Spilsbury to Dean Pt. Built the boat to make tracks.

lol... That's the key "Lots of wallets" Have a good run and smack some slabs!!

K, also interested in your rig, cruising at 38ish knots at 4400 rpm.. What do run for a boat and motor??

Back