2016 Secret Cove, Pender Harbour and Texada Reports

TheHurtLocker

Though I would start a new thread for our area until the old one gets put back on.

We fished Epson last night hit a beauty on chovies. 22lbs. Pic is of our apprentice from work, he's from Fort St James so he was blown away when he saw what he reeled in. Fantastic night out there.
image1.JPG image2.JPG

Last edited:
Spent yesterday afternoon at epson pt from 330 to 8 aboard the Hurt Locker. Nothing got put into the box but we did loose two good fish and threw back some undersize ones.. Great night out there there was a few boats around but didnt see anyone doing any business

Well we chased the fish that had already been caught and did Upwood and Epsom yesterday afternoon. No luck. We did manage a nice 8 pounder at Quarry this morning just before the wind showed up out of no where.

Anyone out this week? Gonna put in a full shift on sunday, hopefully the weather cooperates. Was down south for a week and had to put in some extra hours before, so I'm chomping at the bit :mad::cool:

Suspect I'll be working the usual spots this weekend. Seems the weather and wind reports have been changing daily here lately so who knows what we are in for.

I'd like to get out. Looking out right now and it's pretty choppy. Have a 3 day weekend so I'd like to get out as much as possible.

Nothing for me today, spent a few hours on the water. Didn't mark much bait at all, a decent sized quill back and 1 missed strike. Gonna do a full shift tommorow tho....

Was a cold windy afternoon at Epsom. Nothing for us but buddy kept 1 on another boat. Very little bait. Just seems like not many fish around yet.

Fished all around Epsom and south thormanby today, no springs to the boat. Only saw a few bait balls throughout the day, few and far between. Several Pollock, a few quillback and a ling.

Fished from Whitestone to about the half way point of Bjerre shoal and got skunked. Packed up and came back home to Sechelt. Couple hours later buddies got at least 6 on the far end of Bjerre. Go figure but great for them.

Wow, that's awesome for how dead the Epsom contours were yesterday, the shoal isn't very far away. Based on the Powell River reports and yours, one might suspect there's some fish moving this way... might have to sneak out one night this week.

Wow, that's awesome for how dead the Epsom contours were yesterday, the shoal isn't very far away. Based on the Powell River reports and yours, one might suspect there's some fish moving this way... might have to sneak out one night this week.
My thoughts exactly...

Picked up a couple small ones yesterday at the pilings. Not much showing on the sounder. Kept one that had a few small herring in the gut.

To Quarry this aft and boated a 12# hatch and 14# wild in a 1/2 hour. Gibbs spoons and flashers. Hopefully this is the start as its been dead the past couple weeks.
All winter has been steady but fish smaller than last winter.
View media item 105

Another tough night on the water... no silver sides, but it was a beauty night to be out. Chomping at the bit for some good fishing, and I've heard of a few nice fish caught the last couple days, but they're still few and far between apparently...

I went for the evening tide at Quarry yesterday. Fish still pretty scarce there. Had one good pin popper but that was it. Except for feeding half a pack of anchovies to the p cods

Back