OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love fishing in Mable Lake King blazer. I hope you didn't keep that beasty from all the way up there. I know lots of guys do, but it must have been pretty nasty looking. Pretty amazing how far those fish get from the mouth of the Fraser. Love the Lymans and lucky Louie Plugs on those big lakes up there.

Eating fresh Bell Bouy salmon tonight!

I'm really starting to get pissed now that the weather's decent. Had my truck stolen 3 weeks ago and I'm still waiting to get it back from ICBC. Kind of hard to launch my boat with the crappy vw I got for a rental replacement.

Congrats on the fresh fish dinner.

Last edited:
Love fishing in Mable Lake King blazer. I hope you didn't keep that beasty from all the way up there. I know lots of guys do, but it must have been pretty nasty looking. Pretty amazing how far those fish get from the mouth of the Fraser. Love the Lymans and lucky Louie Plugs on those big lakes up there.

Actually was a really nice red fish, my buddy kept it and smoked it up was amazing!

40A22A39-1DED-4609-8FDD-A772D47BD035_zpspxzefz2f.jpg

need pictures, otherwise its just.......:p

Was a nice 10ish lb hatchery white. Sure tasted good too! ;)

Caught at the Bell.....3.5" green glow spoon and had just pulled the one side up off bottom to about 90' or so and it hit.

Had a few undersized as well.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Any updates from the Hump lately? Planning to get out this Friday if the weather cooperates.

Should be any day now, some reports of people already hooking up... right in time for my motor to need fixing:(

Was out last night at the Bell. Caught a few undersized and had a nice one to the side of the boat that made some moves that allowed him to enjoy the rest of his evening.
Great night on the water. Flashers and spoons - 100' ish.

will see if the wind stays down for tomorrow
heading out somewhere in the middle

Was out for a couple hours at the hump, no love. Tried for a couple hours at the bell and just undersize.

two at the hump yesterday, one on anchovie,other on a glow spatterback both 111ft plus two undersize and a whackload of p cod
some rum and cranking up the music was enough to get the girls to dancing and singing

20160417_085232_resized.jpg 1 nice one this morning at hump.125 on a Andrew P. Herring. Really like this new spoon. Has a solid hook too.

Last edited:
Was at the hump yesterday for the afternoon slack. Picked this one up at 150ft on anchovy. Mid-teens, marble. Lost another one with some weight to it as well. 125ft on a 3" irish cream spoon.

IMG_20160416_165255.jpg

Was out on the hump yesterday and did not fair well as others have reported. Only joked a couple of cod. Fished 125 and 110. Will be out there next weekend to try it all over again.

Nothing but Pollock for us yesterday Bobba Looeys! Thought were were going to be doing the Humpty Dance, but didn't see nobody humpin' around...

The winds look rough the next few days. I was hoping to get the tub out but now it's just a maybeeeee.

OLAY!

well trolled with tide/light wind towards Vancouver when almost with the boats at the hump area the wind had gotten up and doing a turn just resulted in a big tangle.
when is i going to learn forget turning out there when is pushing and running is asking for trouble /tangles
well cleared the gear and just put one down either side
within five minutes one of the rod's was bumping and after a spirited fight a nice 73 cm marble came aboard.
purple onion flasher and pearl white hoochie @ 100' on the rigger
stayed till 1.30-2ish and pulled the plug with no more bite's other than a few tommy cod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back