2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

weve been out there often ,
feeders plentiful , fisherman not so much..

Marco n I are out there again next week ,
will try ta get motivated and post a few reports and pics over the past few months ,
see if we can bloody up the new winter sled a bit ,
bring ur big girl panties Reeltime....

Jerry ?? we still on !!

fd

Keep us up to date Felix!!

Hi guys, just got back from four days out in Bam. The weather out there was stunning, sunny and warm worked in a tshirt every afternoon...just amazing. Was 15 degrees on Tuesday. We didn't even leave the harbour in four days, so I don't have any fishing reports to give you, but I did talk to a troller who is fishing winters right now (getting $9 plus/lb) and they were averaging 20/day last week, and they were just starting another trip when I left. I know Derby/Rapid/SeaRun and their special birthday boy are heading out there on Sat, so I'm sure there will be some chatter on here about that one...stay tuned.

www.185boardwalk.com

Attachments

• IMG_2630-2.jpg
    IMG_2630-2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,244
Last edited by a moderator:
In bound to the hot LZ, locked and loaded. Carpet bombing run initiated, death from above. :p

Prawning continues to be Stella, a few winters around but not on fire by any means. Got skunked twice on halis for 4 hrs of effort, lost 2 crab traps to thieves in Sarita Bay.

Was out sunday and fished vernon, rainy and sarita bay. No salmon and even worse news was the makerel I got in vernon bay. The orcas didnt help much either

Attachments

• 20150301_090342.jpg
    20150301_090342.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 632
  • 20150301_111431.jpg
    20150301_111431.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 634
Save that little guy for hali bait!! Gamechanger we should load you up with some...they don't work for hali. Good luck this coming weekend. Unfortunately I have to pass as I have to be at Tradex Show in Abby. We didn't have much time to do anything but fix and repair. Managed to get out for a 2 hour run to Vernon and it was dead slow. Not much bait anywhere. Prawn bombing was good however.

Bad new's seeing Mackerel already..:( We did do a pile of work on Searun"s breakwater and got it all together hopefully will last for a while... ..as Pat said lots of work little time to play...But Pat being one of the 2 Birthday boys he did get to enjoy one of his Fire Ball cup cakes on the weekend.. ;)

Attachments

• 20150221_165007.jpg
    20150221_165007.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 1,463
  • 20150220_201315.jpg
    20150220_201315.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,467
Now that's a catch. My fav colour too. Pretty in pink. Those little suckers were POWER packed with fireball. No wonder we didn't have time to fish.

Fished Barkley Fri afternoon and sat morning with no results for winters.Fished a few places and tried different offerings etc.Prawning was good and some Dung around.Stunning couple of days on the water weatherwise.Good to be in Bammer again

Just back from the derby, Good times, fantastic weather. Fishning was spotty but we managed to do pretty well. 16lb was our biggest and lots in the 8-10lb range for us most on a 3.5 inch green and silver coyote spoon at 120 feet. Vernon Bay was the spot for us. excellent prawning. Get out there and enjoy the weather...

Now that's a catch. My fav colour too. Pretty in pink. Those little suckers were POWER packed with fireball. No wonder we didn't have time to fish.

I see from your pic this weekend at the show your we up to pink again...;)

Attachments

• IMG_2955.jpg
    IMG_2955.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 939
Just because both of you missed the best derby of the year to promote your stuff doesn't mean you can hijack this thread :).

We want report's and we want them now! Trophywife said so earlier.............LOL!!!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because both of you missed the best derby of the year to promote your stuff doesn't mean you can hijack this thread :).

We want report's and we want them now! Trophywife said so earlier.............LOL!!!:D

A guy has to have fun too u know...:)

Back