2015 Bamfield and Barkley Sound Reports

Sculpin

Heading out tomorrow with firelight and Springvelocity. Staying at the Seabeam.

Should be good times. I'll post up anything worthy of a report after the weekend.

I have heard prawning is good and there are some winters to be had. We are going to try are best at trolling up some winters :).

Dropping crab and prawn traps on our way to the beam. Dropping off some gear and hitting it big time until dark. Having a few beers etc. with Tidal Chaos and Brad from the Beam then hitting the sack. Getting up early on Sunday morn to fish. Then going home.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Last edited by a moderator:
Cree, Kirby pt and the Wall should be productive. Eager to hear how you guys do. My families cabin is right across from the Beam... Guys there are fantastic!

Prawning has been good. We didn't get much opportunity to drag salmon gear for too long so I don't have a report on that front first hand. A few guys were doing well in Vernon Bay and along Bami Wall, but you had to be on the bait to find fish. Apparently dragging rusty dull hooks works well for certain captains. :rolleyes:

I taught you one of me best methods there, the fish like it when you keep it real... Like in off-roading amigo, chrome don't get you home.

Just got back and tucked the gal away. Had a nice trip with firelight and Springvelocity.

Bamtown

Crabbing and prawning wasn't very good ;).

The coolest ******* in bamfield.

Continued....

The weather wasn't the greatest but we did put a couple of hours in this morning trying for salmon.

The only fish caught and released today.

We performed our good deed for the day by helping these guys back to China Creek.

Coming back into Port.

Thanks for the fun time guys. Thanks to Whiteside and Tidal Chaos for the hospitality.
Cheers,
Sculpin

Great pictures, John. And a big bunch of karma is in your account for the tow. I know what it's like to be out there bobbing around without power and am forever grateful for Ernie and his Sea Ranger for the 6 mile tow from the Broken Islands to Ucluelet.

Yah was good times thanks to Sculpin and guys in Bamfield.... First time up inlet, and will be back throughout summer..... One thing I can say sure are a lot of fishing spots to choose from there. Great area. And of course fluorescent ling cod....LOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Good times, strange I didn't see any gratuitous beer shots there...might have been a tad cold for that...but Fireball is good this time of year! Too bad the commies got all the prawns.:rolleyes:

Ya, rusty hooks may be a new fashion statement this year.

Good times, strange I didn't see any gratuitous beer shots there...might have been a tad cold for that...but Fireball is good this time of year! Too bad the commies got all the prawns.:rolleyes:

Ya, rusty hooks may be a new fashion statement this year.

Could have been the late start due to the night before that there wasn't any beer showing on the Sculpin. As Derby says, what happens in Bamtown stays in Bamtown! Maybe! LOL

Ha Ha...making up some shirts for that. It's actually:

What happened in Bamfield, probably never happened! Plausible deniability.

Ha Ha...making up some shirts for that. It's actually:

What happened in Bamfield, probably never happened! Plausible deniability.

Better get some extras made for the loggers derby, I think we may make our way over to gamechangers place for a visit.

TC, smart move although no promises on your condition or even your coordinates the next day. That place seems to attract anarchy... boats sinking at the dock, 40's of jager getting opened at 1 am, guys waking up in the broken group, I think I might need an exorcist

Don't worry about me or my crew; Derek can attest to our capabilities and when to draw the line; your crew on the other hand?:eek:

We have seen some of you in action on previous trips; I am sure we will survive; whether we fish the next day we will have to wait and see!:cool:

Sounds good, we'll put something together...like a shooter bar happy hour, anyone in Bam for the derby is welcome to stop by, there's a dock out front...you can raft. Any events going on at the Beam on the Sat?

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 634
Back