2015 Nootka Sound/Esperanza Inlet Reports

we got pushed back another week this year... so were there Aug 1st to the 5th..think fishing might be good bye then...;)

Booked for a pawning trip mid April. Any suggestions on what/where fin fish might be around at that time?

bigbruce Winter Springs are usually thick in mid April. Not big 8-18lbs But feisty with meat that is sockeye colour. In Nootka fish the end of Tahsis inlet were it enters Nootka sound on the west side & Marvenus area
In Esperanza fish Hecate Channel from Mozino Pt. to Steamer Pt.. Most often the fish are DEEP feeding on shiners & sand lances. So match the hatch with lures or 5 1/2in anchovies.
Depending on weather Estevan area is a Good bet for lingcod in April
Good Luck.
See you in the spring.
FOJ

Yes this nice weather has brought lots of locals as well as other islanders out to Nootka & Esperanza for Prawns "With Great Success" 200 per day per person.
Crabs not so much. Yep! the otters have clean them up.
Also have had some nice Winter Spring Caught in Hecate Channel while hanging around waiting fir the prawn traps to fill up.
Check us out on Sportfishingbc home pg. for lots about BYOB- Bring Your Own Boat to fish Nootka & Esperanza.
FOJ

Yes this nice weather has brought lots of locals as well as other islanders out to Nootka & Esperanza for Prawns "With Great Success" 200 per day per person.
Crabs not so much. Yep! the otters have clean them up.
Also have had some nice Winter Spring Caught in Hecate Channel while hanging around waiting fir the prawn traps to fill up.
Check us out on Sportfishingbc home pg. for lots about BYOB- Bring Your Own Boat to fish Nootka & Esperanza.
FOJ

well, thanks for the update John, ill pass though on the BYOB as i have access to house off alpine view, but thanks.
nice to see few winters being caught, probably gonna hit magic rock and see what we can stir up.

41 more sleeps bones! any luck on those prawn traps from your buddy? I'm thinking the hali should be in close too by then too! Whales tale and catala islands west side maybe i'm thinking?

Man.... I can't wait, I'm seeing prawns in my sleep. Yup traps being epoxy coated today. Found some sticks for slabbers. I was thinking magic rock morning, then tachu point, I'm thinking. Got new rod holders and 1200' of hybrid line.

Booked Moutcha for the first week of Aug...already starting to warm the blood. Missed out in it last year (tied up in Rupert & Ukee) so this one will mean even more. Will start vibrating by early July...can't wait.

Hi Bones & Crazycanuck
All those places are GOOD bets. Might recommend you do Tatchu Pt. 1st in case the wind comes up!!
We will be open on March 12th so see you on your 1st trip in.
Might want to check out sportfishingbc home pg. there is some info. on resent prawning in Nootka & Esperanza.
See you guys SOON
FOJ

Back