2015 Nanoose Bay / French Creek

I have corrected by either editing/cropping the pic a bit smaller before posting or rotating it (in your case) to the right again before posting.

Fished out of French Creek today and christened my buddy's new silver streak with the first keeper landed in his boat. He picked up an 8-10# and I had 3 nearly legal springs. 200' and right on the bottom. Green flashers and a glow hootchie was the ticket but we also had action on a 4" blue/green/chrome coyote. I'm not very familiar with the area but I believe we were fishing the area known as "the humps". Great February day on the water!

Tried french creek hump at low tide today....wife lost a keeper close to the boat. Tipup was right, 200 ft, glow flasher with glow hoochie, thanks tipup! No other action and just one tiny bait ball found. Nice forcast actually turned into a cold north wind.

Got out yesterday and headed to Ballenas. Had Bushy and a buddy Paul, a rookie, on board. It was tough trolling at Ballenas, it was blowing NW and tough to hold the line. Went a couple hours with nothing until Bushy put on his famous "turd" and five minutes later Paul brought in his first salmon. It was a nice 12 lber and he did a good job bringing it in. I changed up and put a blue hootchie my wife picked out and after five minutes I hooked in to a beauty and got it the net. Bushy switched up to a spoon and hooked in to another beauty which Paul, now an expert, played him well and again Bushy was the net man. The sun went down behind Arrowsmith so we headed in and ended up with three, 12 17 and 18lbs, not a bad day for Febuary............BRS (the 17 was a white one)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 354
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 355
Wow nice fish BRS, and great report as well. Those are some pretty nice February fish for sure. You didn't get anything smaller, just those three?

Nice fish there fellas, great to see good reports !

Only in BC ..... Sat Chuck fishin and cuttin the grass in February : ))

Thanks guys, I should give some credit to Bushy the net man. Yes Rob, he is Bushy..........BRS

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 575
Nice to see the pictures BRS.Was out in front of Pipers and Neck point today for 5 hours. No sign of herring, no birds no seals nothing just a dead zone! Until I see a picture of a herring I will follow you guys around and maybe get a salmon!

Nice looking salmon BRS. Looks like your net man did a pretty good job and he carries the fish for you as well.

Bushy, aka "cabin boy" is sure getting around.....glad he is good for netting fish!

I need 20 herring (10 male, 10 female) for a friend doing some research. Any chance of jigging some up now or do I need to wait until later in the month when they move into shore?
PL. Send me a PM if you have any trouble getting your herring. Glad to help out. The schools are migrating through right now and sometimes difficult to locate. We spent an hour running around yesterday afternoon and drew a blank despite a positive report from a local fisherman who had been out in the morning.

PL. Send me a PM if you have any trouble getting your herring. Glad to help out. The schools are migrating through right now and sometimes difficult to locate. We spent an hour running around yesterday afternoon and drew a blank despite a positive report from a local fisherman who had been out in the morning.

PM sent, thanks

Fished off Ballenas Tuesday in the fog. 3 hours over the slack in company of 3 other boats. Not a hit. Lots of bait in close to Ballenas in water under 150' deep, all at 80' to bottom.

Out again this AM for an hour. Fished going North on outside of Gerald from Douglas but pretty choppy so turned at Dorcas pt & stayed close to Gerald on southbound trip. Got one right on the bottom on the inside of Gerald at 150'. 3.5" cop car on green flasher. With dinner in the box, called it quits for the day. Fish was stuffed with 4" herring - but I only marked one small ball and a few scattered marks the entire time out.

When dog walking this AM, fellow walker said they had a small school of herring spawn just off their place on Dolphin y'day. 1st they'd seen this year.

Back