2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

Hey all, thinking of wetting some lines tomorrow- only my third time out and a bit nervous to venture too far (old 17 ft K&C boat/motors, new to the salt water thing, most important may have a wife and child on board!) Ant suggestions for the Kitty coleman/ Pacific playgrounds area? Love a salmon or two but if the family is with me it may be better to bottom fish- would love a P cod!
Thanks in advance!

P.S. May have to go again on the weekend so suggest away!

I'm not sure how you are rigged up, but seeing as you are so new, it might be quite productive for you to search for bait balls , and jig. I know this sounds crazy but I have caught lots of decent Springs using this method. Go buy some point Wilson darts and sink them below the bait balls. Jig upward, and hang on. No promises, but good luck.

I'm not sure how you are rigged up, but seeing as you are so new, it might be quite productive for you to search for bait balls , and jig. I know this sounds crazy but I have caught lots of decent Springs using this method. Go buy some point Wilson darts and sink them below the bait balls. Jig upward, and hang on. No promises, but good luck.

Well my boat has downriggers and I must have about $500 in flashers, hootchies, spoons, and what have you. I was thinking and even going to try your suggestion Riverboy but unless everything stayed static- how would you stay in a bait ball with tides and wind and bait ball moving around? I think it would have to be dead calm??? I ended up trolling for about 4 hours with flashers - one purple crush w/ army truck hootchie and one green onion flasher with cop car spoon, I varied depth as I marked the occasional fish, trying to be a bit below them...up to about 200 ft. Nothing. Then when I was working the hump, I was marking a bunch of fish around 30-40 ft, are these coho as they usually are shallow, no? I tried at their depth with other combos but realised everything I had read was for Springs- I'm not sure how to fish coho! I was watching Youtube vids on the boat trying to learn quick! I was even seeing them jump a lot. Nothing again. Oh well, went back shallow and caught some flounder! Still had a great day an eventually will figure these things out!

That's why it's called "fishing" not "catching". Keep at it, you'll eventually figure it out. Ask me how I know...

black creek coho

Yeah, I know. ...you can't stop this!��
'
Nice to meet you at the ramp today chum at pacific playgrounds I caught a 3 coho and 4 pacific cod this week out front of black creek 60' and 80' on the riggers 80' of water army truck hoochies mid day low slack tide 3 trips 3 hours each time hope you catch your first salmon or 2 today good luck.
Terry

Ok..ok I'll let the cat out of the bag....some nice coho off Kye Bay yesterday(29th). About 4:1 wild over hatchery

Much oblidged RMH, Ive been wondering how fishing up there was. You alone there? I was looking to head out of Union Bay that way. Thanks for the update.;) eman

Back