2015 Comox Valley-Comox Harbour, Kitty Coleman, Cape Lazo, Denman & Hornby Islands

I put a 115 on the back :)

Ive tried texting you. Not sure why it won't go thru. You change your number?

I am going to pack it in real soon and head back to Point Holmes and jig some herring.

Good Luck,

WOW! A 115 you must fly out there. I was gonna stop on my way out but didn't see you so I figured they wernt there.
I am not texting you back because my data plan isn't that big.

I slowed down and checked from the spit out and back again didn't mark much in the way of bait around the shores. There was though a fair bit out in the straight but deep. 200ft balls in 700ft of water down 200+ feet. I'll wait till they come closer to shore. Hopefully :)

Good day out there though, thanks for the updates Inthenet.

See what the week brings maybe I can get you or some other SFBC members out

Qwen-- the herring have been moving in and out of Seal bay for a number of days. As you know Kitty was (is) loaded too.

herring on

lots of herring along east side of Denman this a.m.
Pehaps mistakenly, I have kind of thought that spring fishing is lousy when the herring are spawning but maybe that is wrong?

Was all ready to go fishing then I was told that it was really foggy. With the new power and radar I think I'll be just fine.

Just stay off my bow :)

Just joking.......

But I will be somewhere in that fog bank with Big Bruce waiting on the sun to shine thru

Ended the day with a double header and I limited out on beautiful red springs.

Fish caught on an assortment of tackle today all down deep. Lots off bait out there today

Fisheries was out on the water today. Great to see, as well as creel surveyor at the dock. Second surveyor I've seen in the last two days.

We saw the Fisheries boat pull over a Prawner around the Fingers here the other day. They just checked his licence and left him alone even though he was Prawning in a closed area. They didn't even check any other boats. The fishing was too slow to bother, I guess.

Got out today and set some bug traps....... EC and BWG both lied. It's got snotty out there.

None were berried, numbers were low. Prawn tacos for dinner tomorrow I guess.

Just glad to at least get out and catch a few.

image.jpg

That looks awesome with all 8 traps up there :cool:.

How much was the commercial license? LOL!!! :D.

Had a guy follow me today into the gas station just to get a look at my setup. Man he loved it. Then guys were looking it over at the ramp.... They were so impressed. Man this boat is turning heads.

Well off to have my prawn snack.....
image.jpg

Had a guy follow me today into the gas station just to get a look at my setup. Man he loved it. Then guys were looking it over at the ramp.... They were so impressed. Man this boat is turning heads.

I find it's mostly glass guys that are jealous of what you can do with an unpainted alloy boat ;).

Thanks for the report. I can't wait to get back out on the water.

Back