Sooke2015

I saw the 2 alum work boats and realized they were pulling something together.
the black zodiac came over and told me what they were doing ...
they are installing a hydrophone to listen to the whale calls. the were installing a hollow pipe that sunk to the bottom.

no words other than my "that's cool" reply after he told me what they were up to.

4 wilds for us, up to 8lb. all released.
one was injured, but released nonetheless.
all in 250-450ft of water @ 25-65ft on the rigger

I am hoping we are told it's location. With winter fishing coming that would suck hooking onto with gear on bottom...

fished 9:30 - 3:00, started out from Beechy hd, out to 600', down to Secretary, back to Becher Bay. Total 4 coho, 2 wild released and 2 hatch kept 4 & 6 lbs. Did see 3 nice springs being cleaned at the dock to 30 lbs.

I am hoping we are told it's location. With winter fishing coming that would suck hooking onto with gear on bottom...

there were 3 buoys attached to the pipe. don't know if they are still attached.

the pipe extends out from the driveway that was excavated towards the sea, at the front edge of the possession point condos

there were 3 buoys attached to the pipe. don't know if they are still attached.

the pipe extends out from the driveway that was excavated towards the sea, at the front edge of the possession point condos

hmm...almost seems fishy!? Isn't the plan to have sewer outfall right there? Didn't hear much about that but I assume as always, the BS flows and that was going ahead. Could they have fed you a story and that was actually sewer work?

They are placing these listening devices all around the south Island waters. They had one at Sheringham last summer, not sure if it still there.

My vote is the sewer outfall, but i heard it was allready done?? Who know's?? Like Deewar25 say's - the BS flow's

Are we now into one wild 3 hatchery Oct 1st?

Any coho news?

I heard from a buddy up in Rennie that the Commies are netting off of Carmanah .....

I talked to a fisheries officer yesterday who was changing out posted notices. He said they messed up the notices and it is in fact the normal regs as in the past for Oct 1st. 4 Coho per person of which 1 may be wild....right from the horses mouth. (areas 19/20)

I still read that 2 coho of which only one can be wild. Area 20

Its been online for sometime check out

FN0989

Portion of Subarea 20-1, Subareas 20-3 to 20-7 (Juan De Fuca Strait):
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Effective 00:01 hours October 1, 2015 until 23:59 hours December 31, 2015 in
that portion of Subarea 20-1 (seaward of a line between a square white boundary
sign at Owen Point, the Port San Juan Light and Whistle Buoy, and San Juan
Point) and Subareas 20-3 to 20-7, you may retain four (4) coho per day, one (1)
of which may be wild (unmarked).

Sailor...those areas listed are not for area 19/20 (Cadboro Point to Sheringham) That is the portion of area 20 closer to Renfrew. It is however now 4 per day (3-1) in 19/20 Sooke/Victoria

The post by sailor - is for 20-3 to 20-7 which has Sooke. Area 19, Victoria - is still 1/1 wild/hatch according to the website:

Areas 18 and 19:
----------------
Effective 00:01 hours October 1, 2015 until 23:59 hours December 31, 2015 in
Area 18 and 19, you may retain two (2) coho per day, one (1) of which may be
wild (unmarked).

RR

What a cluster this is not your fault. How can DFO expect us to know what is going on with wrong notices and conflicting info. Right now on the site its states that Victoria is 2 per day. Then it states area 20-5 is open to 4 per day. Is there anyway SVIAC can maybe ask them to post up a separate order so its crystal clear? Guys will just keep phoning/asking question on a forum if its not made clear.. I agree with dabell thats how I see rules right now as it states on website.

Maybe the feds have suspended dfo work while the boss is out campaigning!!!

Sailor...those areas listed are not for area 19/20 (Cadboro Point to Sheringham) That is the portion of area 20 closer to Renfrew. It is however now 4 per day (3-1) in 19/20 Sooke/Victoria

Profisher it looks like its cleared up but just in case it isnt my post was for Sooke fishermen, Areas 20-3 to 20-7 includes all areas in Canadian waters from William head to San Juan Pt.

Talked with fisheries at the launch. 4 coho total, 1 of which may be wild. Out from 8-11am today. 2/2 on purple haze anchovy. Both wild. Trolled between 200-400' out and back from the harbour. Pretty scattered around. They're running shallow, but small. Maybe 4-6lbs. No luck with a coho killer at any depth. Anyone else not getting hits on spoons yet?

Went out for the coho from 9:00am until 1:00pm today. Very foggy in the inner Basin and sparkling clear and flat calm in the Strait until about 10:30am, when the fog rolled in with a slight breeze from the west.
We were in 550’ of water and had two hatchery fish early on, at about 55’ on the same hootchie. The other side got no hits. Then all went quiet for a long spell and then we picked up three unclipped ones in sporadic hits, releasing the second one which was a good decision as the last one was the best at 7lbs. So we had 5 hits and 5 fish to the boat, all on hootchies, 4 on the same one and an odd one on the other side. Tried a Krippled K spoon for over an hour and never got a hit on it, just the same as N2013 discovered above. They wanted hootchies!!;)

Out of beecher bay 7-10 this morning . 4 wilds 1 clipped 4-6 lbs killer whales came by heading west about 9 and it all shut down for me. Coho killers caught nothing but shakers Probably a dozen of them . Standard blue or green hootchie working at 70 feet.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Back