OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

ahh damn!
does this mean I should prepare to be inundated with harassing text mesgs and photo shopped shakers AGAIN!:p
just so you know I wont be thinking of you while I'm hard at work.

No.....will keep it purely keepers and bbq shots.

Pippen,
All this chat of reports and legal fish, and bbq's and not single report as of 245pm Friday? Maybe you are 'working' too hard over there? Shame on you...

Yeah, WTF??? Heading out in the morning for some eats for the Super Bowl Party.
Would be nice to hear of the BBQ escapades.
No weenie shots either.

Yeah, WTF???
No weenie shots either.
C'mon Guy,
you know he can't help himself, if its pink or even rhymes with pink he'll be showing it off,
I hear he was up close and personal with some sailors today

Out today not a sniff at tunstall bay down to Cowan point. Ok prawning, crabbing ok. Boat behind us ran across to Thrasher this morning saw them back at the dock with four nice springs. Damn! Should have gone beauty day out there. We had quite the experience out there with the kicker catching on fire! Holy ****!! The excitement never ends with this boat!

Jan. 31.jpg
out yesterday for a couple of hours. Almost twenty boats around Thrasher. We found three keepers, 9.5-11.5 @ 135 on 'chovies, and of course lost one no stick that may have been bigger, returned two other undersize.

in past yrs area 29-6,7,9 and 10 have been closed to the retention of springs till July 15. I can't find the 2015 regs on line covering this. anyone have the latest?

A couple hours at Tunstall either side of high tide today. Nuthin.

in past yrs area 29-6,7,9 and 10 have been closed to the retention of springs till July 15. I can't find the 2015 regs on line covering this. anyone have the latest?

There doesnt appear to be anything in the regs about a closure in those areas. ive been fishing the coal ports throughout january with good success, a few keepers each trip.

I finally got in touch with Barbara Mueller at DFO,a sportsfishing resource manager who said area 29-6,7,9 and 10 the" banana "are open to the retention of 2 chinook a day min 62 cm till Mar 31 2015.

I finally got in touch with Barbara Mueller at DFO,a sportsfishing resource manager who said area 29-6,7,9 and 10 the" banana "are open to the retention of 2 chinook a day min 62 cm till Mar 31 2015.
Thanks for the clarification

Time to wake this thread from the dead. An associate of mine went across the way Sunday--Gulf Islands looking for the bounty which has provided some awesome days for local guides this winter and it was dead as a nail. Meanwhile an associate dredged a 14 pounder in front of the freighters Sunday an hour after high slack with undersize shaking the rods. A local angler jagged a nice one about 18 pounds from Tunstall and another local pro found some fish in Howe Sound as well.

Fishin' Fever...catch it!!

Time to think about getting your ride ready for the coming season...

*names and specific locations have been omitted for reasons of fishing sanity and sportsmanlike behaviour...fish on friends...fish on.

I fished Soames point yesterday with small lures. I got about a dozen soles 5 of which were decent size and I kept. I also felt a seal that was following me around rip off a few nice fish. I got a small octopus as well which was cool but I released it.

There are fish there right now. but its ok if you want to leave them there for me. been out 3 times and kept 5 and released 1 undersize.

Hooked two Springs south of sandheads and landed this one today. Saw a few others landed as well. Turned out to be a nice afternoon on the water. image.jpg

Back