OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Got out yesterday morning for a couple hours. checked out the coal port in tsawwassen. fished 120-150 ft depth just off bottom with madi and lemon lime flashers with no bannanas gforce spoon and cop car coho killer. we boated an 8lb and a 14 lb'er. fog was lifted off the water so we could see and the water was smooth as glass. beautiful morning fishing.

Got out yesterday morning for a couple hours. checked out the coal port in tsawwassen. fished 120-150 ft depth just off bottom with madi and lemon lime flashers with no bannanas gforce spoon and cop car coho killer. we boated an 8lb and a 14 lb'er. fog was lifted off the water so we could see and the water was smooth as glass. beautiful morning fishing.

Nice work! 14 is a solid fish this time of year :)

those will be goin on the Striper this spring , thx again

i do however have a really good deal on a 1986 Suzuki 40 hp ,
only 3000 hrs or so , minor work needed , re attach the pistons to the crank shaft lol ,
i will even throw in a pair of slightly curved wet paddles in !! only 5 miles of RECENT use into a tide
Guy :)

WHAT A DAY !!! pretty sore...

:)

fd

Fished sat starting in the freighters ran up to Tunstall bay then hut island. Running spoons and anchovy didn't mark much bait and all we got was one sole no other hits.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thought the coal port area was closed this time of year for salmon fishing ?

Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10: Fraser River mouth (known as "the banana"):

Until July 15, 2014: non-retention of chinook salmon.
July 16 - July 27, 2014: daily limit of 2 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, length between 62 cm and 77 cm.
July 28 - Dec. 31, 2014: daily limit of 2 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, minimum length of 62 cm.

doesnt say anything about after dec. 31, 2014 so i assume we default to the area 29 regulation.

Does anyone ever fish farther up in Howe Sound - like the backside of Gambier, or even Anvil Island? There's some nice structure up there, but I wonder if there's sufficient feed? Plus it's often nice and calm :)

I tried Hutt island on Saturday am, got a flounder. Some 12-14 bait birds eating at the surface on some hatch.
Tried the Cap on sunday. Lost one on a 4" plug and broke a leader on a snag or fish. Lost my 3.5 white lightning spoon!
tried the cap Monday, nothing, got a shaker in west van.
tried QB marker and freighters on Tuesday. released one about 4 lbs. on a 2.75 Flamin' Hans.
Seeing some bait, but I thought I would see more.
I will be out again soon.

Does anyone ever fish farther up in Howe Sound - like the backside of Gambier, or even Anvil Island? There's some nice structure up there, but I wonder if there's sufficient feed? Plus it's often nice and calm
Cohochinook fishes up there-it's Seal City that I do know.

Maybe the Herring comeback is keeping some Salmon around if so no one is talking....

Any of you sunshine coasters have any recent intel on winters out of Secret Cove in the last week? Heading up to the coast for a weekend of debauchery with some of the fellas and boats moored in secret cove. Looking to pick up a few scoops of liveys at the marina and see if we can ice a few mooching the deep water of epsom.

Any of you sunshine coasters have any recent intel on winters out of Secret Cove in the last week? Heading up to the coast for a weekend of debauchery with some of the fellas and boats moored in secret cove. Looking to pick up a few scoops of liveys at the marina and see if we can ice a few mooching the deep water of epsom.

Not sure about Epsom but there have been some good fish at bargain bay. I may try Epsom myself this weekend if the wind is down.

from reports that i have heard
secret cove has been fishing well on the inside so really no need to runout into the open water off epsom pt
the guys at the cove should be fairly open with the info
if not just keep tabs on the local guys fishing ......lol
but do give them a bit of space
its still slim pickings so don't expect limits
and don't forget to wrap up warm

I know someone who was at Bjerre recently and found a couple around 8-9 pounds and he also ventured over to Texada and found 2 13 pounders.

spoons in half and half were the ticket.

Subareas 29-6, 29-7, 29-9 and 29-10: Fraser River mouth (known as "the banana"):

Until July 15, 2014: non-retention of chinook salmon.
July 16 - July 27, 2014: daily limit of 2 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, length between 62 cm and 77 cm.
July 28 - Dec. 31, 2014: daily limit of 2 chinook salmon, wild or hatchery marked, minimum length of 62 cm.

doesnt say anything about after dec. 31, 2014 so i assume we default to the area 29 regulation.

I never could figure out if it was open or closed and as you have mentioned nothing is listed after Dec 31 2014

Anybody headin out tomorrow? Thinking of hitting the harbour by the freighters.

Anybody headin out tomorrow? Thinking of hitting the harbour by the freighters.
Tomorrow or Sunday maybe, havent quite decided

look's cold and windy out there at the moment.......
such a softy ......lol

look's cold and windy out there at the moment.......
such a softy ......lol

Was supposed to head to the other side today..a tad windy for open strait fishing....

Back