Browns Bay

c.askin

Any latest reports from Browns Bay?? Are they still limiting out on sox ? Is it worth atrip up from Duncan ? And because of the amount of fish going through does the bite last all day or just a few hours after first light ? Thanx in advance for any info......C.A.

Was there Wednesday and easy limits.
Fished 7 till noon and it was "on" the whole time.

Was there Wednesday-first light. Limited out with 12 and lost 5 in 100 minutes. All on pink hootchies 70-90 feet.

Combat fishing though-make sure you have a good crew!

just got back from deepwater bay, easy limits, fish everywhere!!! A little Foggy this morning though! Only ran one rod on each side 50-62 feet down.

Marinas almost always give strong reports. Especially late season when the slips are starting to empty out.:D

4 rods in the water at 6:15 had 8 in the bucket by 7:15. Then as i`m working at setting up my bottom rod, the top rod was just trailing behind the boat and a fish surfaced just behind me hitting the hoochee and pulling rod and MR3 reel into water BYE BYE!

Three rod left 7:40 fish on ! O wait rod breaks - drag fish in 9 in the bucket

Two rods left 8:00 double header 11 in the bucket

Trolled around for 1.5 hours nothing, fishing slowed right down for everyone once the sun was up. Never seen so many commercial boats.

Tip 1 - go early

Tip 2 - keep your rods in the holders

When i got back in to the cleaning table at browns bay, the guy cleaning beside us started telling us this story about how is buddy just dragged up a rod with an islander reel on it this morning, best catch of the day goes to that guy. I did pass on my info in hopes a deal could be made on it.

That is some poor luck, but good fishing :)

What sorta depth were you at? Heading there for sat. I was there a few weeks ago and most of my fish were caught at about 75' on the rigger.
Reid.

New forum member here. The abundance of good information on the board here is wonderful to find!

Thanks for the report, On the Rocks, and certainly sorry to hear about your gear.

How was the wind out there?

It was pretty flat calm first thing. Fish surfacing all over, the 25 foot line started hot then the lower one picked up and the top one drop off. If you see lots of fish go shallow

Sorry to hear about your rod and reel. If luck is on your side maybe the fisher
who found it may return it to you. Launched at Discovery Marine early this AM
about 06:10 or so may of seen you there? Got to Deep Water about 06:45.
Same type of action you had, the last fish was long in coming.

Noticed one gill netter inside the boundary along with a couple of trollers,
and a lot of sport fish boats. ......BB

Smiley is correct. I just came back from fishing Deepwater and Green Sea from 7:00 to 12:30. One hit only. Lots of boats but only saw played in all of that time. Brutally slow.

I was also in deep water and green sea today 7-3 got 3 sockeye a 18 pound spring and a 14 pound spring and lost about 5 more.

Very slow..3 sockeye at separation this morning..ran up to as far as big bear..nothing...did some jigging coming back down discovery. .picked up one very nice ling pushing at least 20lbs.. then back down to separation ...gill nets and seine boats all down discovery passage...thinking sockeye is over for another few yrs up this way..

has anyone heard of another run of sox at Kelsey bay? If so best bets for timing of reaching Brown Bay area? Also, if one searches for Springs in this area what are best prospects? Thx for any info.
BTW, where is Green Sea?

RM.

has anyone heard of another run of sox at Kelsey bay? If so best bets for timing of reaching Brown Bay area? Also, if one searches for Springs in this area what are best prospects? Thx for any info.
BTW, where is Green Sea?

RM.

Sockeye travel about 48 Km per day, change that to knots and figure it out on a chart. .....BB

BTW, where is Green Sea?

RM.

Green Sea is at the very top of Discovery Passage on the right(n.e. side of channel)..right across from the light house...

Back