Comox area 2014

Da Bay Bye

Fished around the Lazo marker bouy last night and managed a double header of two 20lb Chinooks. From what I have been hearing, the fishing around Lazo has been pretty good.

20 pounder.jpg

Good work man, I have also heard of guys limiting out on sockeye out there with out being surrounded by 1000 other boats.

I tried to get out this morning but the fog was too much. It is always better to have more visibility then to find another boat bearing down on you out of the fog. I will try again later today. The afternoon/evening looks good in the forecast.

I got back on the water this afternoon. Beautiful day out there and seeing lots of fish on the my new Lowrance but nothing biting. Just the odd shaker and that was it. Better days ahead.

Things around the Comox area appear to be slow right now. Most fishers I have talked to report slow days with only one or two keepers. Reports of lots of undersize fish. Last night was a beautiful on the water, lots of boats but not seeing the nets come out. Marking lots of scattered fish and little or no bait around. I managed to get a few to the boat but all were undersized. I'll try again later.

I have mostly been fishing Kitty Coleman but have got many reports from friends that have been fish right out front off Lazo. Many reporting a variety of fish being caught.

Many fish being seen at the ramp as well in other people's boats.

I'll PM you my phone number. We can talk

Fished the off the Lazo marker this evening. Not much happening so I tried some ground fishing. Lots of fun catching some rock fish. Glassy evening on the water. Better luck next time for salmon.

Back