coho limits

Right now area 14 and 17.....2 per licensed person per day.....one of which can be an unclipped.

But there are a couple of sub-areas where the rules are different.....

easy...just go on DFO Pacific and look at regs....

thanks finaddict but a little harsh pal not sure if you are have the right to talk to people like that and it takes allot more balls to say that in person than on a forum so if you every see me on the water come and say hello
dan

thanks finaddict but a little harsh pal not sure if you are have the right to talk to people like that and it takes allot more balls to say that in person than on a forum so if you every see me on the water come and say hello
dan
My words stand and are valid and correct. Your invite to a dust up is grounds for dismissal. Would have said the same to you in person. Nothing in my comments are inflammatory or degrading. You come on to this forum and look for advice. I gave it to you.

Yep
I totally agree with Finaddict.

KB your comments are out of line. Somebody was trying to help you.
I don't think many will rush to help you next time.

While I agree that you shouldn't rely upon any forum for information like this, I understand asking the question given the amazingly confusing format that the DFO lays out the fishing regs. I'm sure it took a special committee of bureaucrats months to develop the unintelligible gobbledygook within the regulations. While if you are an avid and regular fisherman of a particular area, you probably know exactly what the rules are. However, I have fished new areas and despite reading every word of the regs for a particular area, have come away uncertain and confused.

In season changes that are posted further on in the regs and contradict the initial regulations; confusing references to specific GPS coordinates; and just the wide variability of regulations in adjacent areas all contribute to the confusion. It seems to me that most people want to be compliant and a lot of illegal catches are done innocently enough. Would it not make sense for the DFO to simplify the regulations and present them in a manner that is easy to interpret and understand?

Let's remember that the majority of fisherman on the water are casual and infrequent fisherman who aren't scouring the DFO website daily for updates.

I don't see any problem asking about regs. They can be confusing. I'd rather have people ask than assume and kill something they shouldn't...just one mans view....

Hmmm Isn't that what the Government website is for? Looking up the regulations? relying on info from a forum is at the least rather lazy, at the most unreliable as hell. .

If I posted a question and that was the response I would on first read at least think that was condescending

There are various reasons people might post a question like that. One being Dyslexia

kb11 asked for info and he got it. There was no need for a suggestion of violence. Seafever and fin provided him with the appropriate info he needed.;) eman

Oh come on, folks. The ECVI is a pretty big place with a hell of a lot of fishing areas and sub areas. KB asked what the regs are for the entire coast. Finaddict's advice was bang on IMHO. Read the regs and if you have any questions about specific areas you're planning to fish, ask away. Anyone who drops a hook in the water better be familiar with the DFO regulations on the DFO website before they drop said hooks.

Hmmm Isn't that what the Government website is for? Looking up the regulations? relying on info from a forum is at the least rather lazy, at the most unreliable as hell. Do yourself a favour and bookmark this page and check it for updates. You will be much more informed if you do.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/index-eng.html

I'm with Finaddict on this one. Although the odds of being caught when accidentally possessing too many coho is perhaps not huge, the consequences could be significant. I trust no one when it comes to these things and would suggest you do the same. I know nobody does but we should all be checking the government website for in season changes before each trip out. If i'm not sure about something - I check. I've even called the 1-800 number or asked a DFO officer if I was still unsure about a finer point. Ignorance or bad information is not an excuse.

I'm with Finaddict on this one. Although the odds of being caught when accidentally possessing too many coho is perhaps not huge, the consequences could be significant. I trust no one when it comes to these things and would suggest you do the same. I know nobody does but we should all be checking the government website for in season changes before each trip out. If i'm not sure about something - I check. I've even called the 1-800 number or asked a DFO officer if I was still unsure about a finer point. Ignorance or bad information is not an excuse.

Agree- I did not see anything disrespectful or antagonistic in Finaddicts reply- getting info about fishing here is okay because it is all about opinions-some good some bad and some off the plot. Regulations aren't like that and if you get the wrong info off here it won't stand up one iota to an enforcement officer. Always smart to check the web site the day you leave-I have been shocked in a good way ---very occasionally. LOL

Hmmm Isn't that what the Government website is for? Looking up the regulations? relying on info from a forum is at the least rather lazy, at the most unreliable as hell. Do yourself a favour and bookmark this page and check it for updates. You will be much more informed if you do.

It kills me at how lazy so many people are nowadays even though information is so accessible. Awesome quick simple response finaddict. It takes 5 mins through google and a few clicks of a mouse and you get all the info you need. If only DFO had the budget to actually police the regs and simple ignorance or no "speakie engrish" wouldn't be an acceptable response

wow sorry guys maybe i took his response wrong just ask a question i didnt mean i want to fight thie guy just wanted to see the person you talks like that once again didnt want to cause a big problem just a question

I understand asking the question given the amazingly confusing format that the DFO lays out the fishing regs. I'm sure it took a special committee of bureaucrats months to develop the unintelligible gobbledygook within the regulations.

In season changes that are posted further on in the regs and contradict the initial regulations; confusing references to specific GPS coordinates; Would it not make sense for the DFO to simplify the regulations and present them in a manner that is easy to interpret and understand?

That would be nice, take area 25/125 coho for an example.

The new maps just released say (Dark Blue Portion) area 125 June 1 - Aug. 31 Two (2) Coho per day one (1) of which maybe unmarked
Then on page two, right underneath the map it states: (Dark Blue Portion) area 125 Two (2) Coho per day Hatchery-Marked only
Then you go to the dfo site for area 25/125 and it states the following: Areas 121 to 127 (outside the surfline) and Subarea 27-4:
June 27 - Aug. 31, 2014: 2 coho per day, 1 may be unmarked.

When I go up there next week I'm going to make sure my darts hits the first & third suggestions the dfo have given us.

Checking regulations should be as routine as brining the bait and filling up the boat. It's simply a part of fishing. If you can learn to drive a boat, play a fish, clean your catch, etc, you can learn about deciphering regulations. It should be habit, and should be one of the first things we are all taught about fishing. Well said Finaddict.

Back