Road to be paved from Port Albernie to Sarita

Seaspanker

Latest news report indicates a possible LNG plant being constructed @ Sarita , paving to start immediately ! , There continues to be no paving plans to Bamfield .

Latest news report indicates a possible LNG plant being constructed @ Sarita , paving to start immediately ! , There continues to be no paving plans to Bamfield .

It would be nice if the road is paved....it has been pretty hard on boat trailers especially the road curve with many big rocks before the long straight road behind China Creek logyard and the steep hill from China Creek bridge. yuck!

I'd love to see that road paved..... More houses, B&B's, hotels, restaurants etc. Make it a major destination :)

Just think what the property values will do.... Time to buy :)

purdy will do it all!! section of road from cowichan turn off to bam is fn rez... the bumpy part . lol

dont expect anything to be happening quickly if there ever is a plant in there... have to pipe the LNG from the NE of BC to Sarita Bay... hmmm.......

Sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking to me. They can't even agree on how to pipe the stuff across the province let alone onto the Island. I think we will all be dirt long before that ever happens - way too many FN treaties to sign off before Christy will ever see a drop of LNG.

Sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking to me. They can't even agree on how to pipe the stuff across the province let alone onto the Island. I think we will all be dirt long before that ever happens - way too many FN treaties to sign off before Christy will ever see a drop of LNG.
That and the big LNG contract China just signed with Russia.

Lol.....is all I can say, this isn't going yo happen anytime soon.

Well it may be pipe dream for sure, but not all that far fetched in a province that is determined to export LNG. The pipeline is already on the island and I believe it is in Port Alberni. A deep water port close to open ocean. (not sure why this is in a fish report thread)

hey mods !! move it please..

i just looked at pipeline maps in bc and it looks like there are not any to the island from the mainland... Lng on the island is never going to happen. hopefully.

know i see the fn are in "control" of large swaths of pipeline ground/water,,,, who knows, hope they never sell out tho.

Last edited by a moderator:
natural gas pipeline comes across to anderson bay , from pender harbour area, to bottom tip of Texada is, inside, up the island, then a feeder line goes underwater to to Powell R, line then crosses underwater to Comox, a spur goes to the old Elk falls mill in Campbell R, while the mailine goes down the east side Vancouver Is to vocitoria. i beleive the Alberni mill might be on line...

line is Fortis BC.

Back