Tofino - Spring / Summer 2014 reports

Sculpin

Here you go Shawn. Make sure to post up some of your early trips when you get home buddy :).

Hopefully this becomes a sticky shortly....

Last edited by a moderator:
THanks buddy, i guess whining does work............. ;)

Of course i will. I will be fishing within 4 days of being home

Where are you Shawn? We'll be at Bella Pacifica this weekend and I was going to stagger down to the docks to meet you.

Welcome home Shawn. I assume you spent a big chunk of the winter in Cabo? Hope you got some great fishing in! I will be up in Tofino for 2-2 week stays this summer. I will see you then.

And yes this needs to be a sticky

Marty

Where are you Shawn? We'll be at Bella Pacifica this weekend and I was going to stagger down to the docks to meet you.

I'm in Los Cabos until the end of April

You'll have to come back in the summer, Bruce

I'm surprised that there is no sticky for Tofino. It's just another major bc salt water fishing destination, why not. And if I might add probably has the largest participation along Canada's west coast of tuna sport fishing boats from what I am am seeing. And miles of endless beaches. What a great place!

I'm surprised that there is no sticky for Tofino. It's just another major bc salt water fishing destination, why not. And if I might add probably has the largest participation along Canada's west coast of tuna sport fishing boats from what I am am seeing. And miles of endless beaches. What a great place!

I flagged my own post and asked for it. Hopefully soon....

As far as WCVI, when you look at sportfishing destinations, I would assert Renfrew, Bamfield, Ucy, Tofino and Nootka all deserve their own. A few others could make a good case, but these locales receive major traffic frequented by many of us, multiple times. And even more traffic on-line.

I always thought a dedicated forum page to reports on specific locations (ie all the stickys) would be a good idea. One forum page for salt water reports from all the major WC and ECVI hotspots, and another for all the saltwater banter unrelated to a specific location (ie tackle talk, whining, moaning ect lol). Come mid-season, the saltwater page is stickys for most of the page anyways.

Come on guy's...........every single post in this thread has said to make it a sticky :cool:.

I think more guy's from tuff city will join up and post up if it's made a sticky. It is truly is a different place all together ;):).

On the other hand it could be a boring thread. I mean how interesting is it going to be when the only reports you ever see are that the fishing is awesome. Day after day after day of awesome fishing. Pretty boring to read. Just sayin.

On the other hand it could be a boring thread. I mean how interesting is it going to be when the only reports you ever see are that the fishing is awesome. Day after day after day of awesome fishing. Pretty boring to read. Just sayin.
Well it might get too windy in August to get offshore where we can keep the Chinooks

No sticky.............again :(

1st day out 1st fish = 26 lbs. Picture off my phone wouldn't upload for some reason

Nice start to the season

No sticky.............again :(

1st day out 1st fish = 26 lbs. Picture off my phone wouldn't upload for some reason

Nice start to the season

Right on buddy :)! Nice to see you back home and safe. Back in the saddle again yee haw :D!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Admin :):cool:.

You better post reports fellas........I know I will if I'm up there on the Hyson or farther :p. Love it up there. Just love it.

Been getting out a bit lately. Steady picking at Portland Pt. Went 12/14 last Fri/Sat. Most were 17-18 with a 25, all reds and a few chickens on the troll.

Anchovies in a uv head on a long leader near the bottom was the way to go.

Hope the weather cooperates for us

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 736
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 739
  • 10294501_10152795801607802_2130972994267106937_n.jpg
    10294501_10152795801607802_2130972994267106937_n.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 737
Been getting out a bit lately. Steady picking at Portland Pt. Went 12/14 last Fri/Sat. Most were 17-18 with a 25, all reds and a few chickens on the troll.

Anchovies in a uv head on a long leader near the bottom was the way to go.

Hope the weather cooperates for us
Seas look pretty rough out there...........

A new wave of mature Chinooks arrived a few days ago............good times!!

Back