Nanaimo - Spring / Summer 2014

Hey KVI
I haven't seen any Nanaimo fish pics since your post a month ago.
Seems fishing is slow, or negative fishermen would say dead.
Thanks for the REALISTIC report
better fishing to come in the Spring!

Exactly! Prawns,crab,shakers dont count. Anybody got any slabshots.......didnt think so.

Spent the better part of the day searching for salmon around the fingers. Not even a shaker. Nice boat ride, though. Let the prawn trap soak while we trolled, and 45 unlucky prawns climbed in for a ride to the surface. Anytime I show up after a day of fishing,have caught dinner and didnt loose more than one or two pieces of gear overboard , I consider that a success!

Winter nanaimo thread please. Defeat sucks I know.

Your a real piece of work. I started a new thread last night before you posted this. The only person that has been defeated is you with your negative armchair attitude. There is lots of species open off of Nanaimo for fishers to legally pursue.

Salmon
Halibut
Sole
Prawns
Crabs
Etc.

There are some nice days between fronts to get out on the boat and enjoy the marine life and scenery that this great coast has to offer all year long. So sit back in that lazy boy and keep taking pot shots at folks if that's what makes you feel good. If it is your only source of entertainment than I truly feel sorry for you.

Cheers,
John

I've been dying to get a day off and go out, fish or no fish I just love being out there on the boat. But Prawns and crab count as something in my book.:rolleyes:

Your a real piece of work. I started a new thread last night before you posted this. The only person that has been defeated is you with your negative armchair attitude. There is lots of species open off of Nanaimo for fishers to legally pursue.

Salmon
Halibut
Sole
Prawns
Crabs
Etc.

There are some nice days between fronts to get out on the boat and enjoy the marine life and scenery that this great coast has to offer all year long. So sit back in that lazy boy and keep taking pot shots at folks if that's what makes you feel good. If it is your only source of entertainment than I truly feel sorry for you.

Cheers,
John

Man East island is great in winter...

Got out on some nice water to see what the prawns were doing, and jlewis and I scooped up a couple hundred crimson beauties. Set four traps a little deep (350-375) and a few hours later we were chasing them down the strait. The current grabbed them and after an expanding search, we got them in 600 feet and heading out. LUCKY!! But , during our wait we dropped the crab traps and did some deep water trolling, and the kid yells out FISh--FISH, and what do you know a 15lb ling came up from 250 feet.....who says there aren't good times and always something happens.

I was out a little over a week ago, and caught over 15 plus, little coho, 1 chum and 1 small spring. I was kept very busy trying to determine a tiny coho at depths up to 250 feet deep. It was still a lot of fun just fishing by myself......I wasnt expecting to catch anything, and in reality, I didnt of any size. I sure love fishing.......and the waters on the inside sure make for a far more relaxing trip. Maybe Someday I will tie into the one we all look for. Until then, I still havent caught my biggest fish......

In regards to traps going missing. I watched a tug pull a boom between 5 fingers and the green can and wondered how many traps have been pulled away unintentionally.

Back