Powell River 2014

Make it 5...Grants Reef yesterday. Came up and hit salmon gear. 115cms.
sa2aru7a.jpg

Mini night bite derby last night winning fish was 17lbs gutted from grants. We got 2 at coho biggest 12lbs lots of boats everywhere. Just saw a 29lbs come in from grants jigging with a Mac deep there is a picture on powell river fishing report Facebook page

Last night at Grants. Four keepers biggest 13lbs. A couple of shakers and one doggie. Beautiful night on the water.

Sorry this is late ...hit Grants on Saturday 12:15pm -5pm. Trolled with coyote spoons ( black / white and black / red / white ) at 33-36ft in 40 feet of water, released countless undersized lings put 2 legal springs in the boat. Then put the spoons away and pulled out the zingers the same depth, 1 more spring and 1 hatchery coho and again released countless small lings...water flat calm and beautiful sunshine

Pounded my way out to Grants this afternoon. Skunked, pounded back to Coho Pt, skunked and then to Vananda. Skunked. Wind died down in the evening which was nice. Through everything but the sink at them, but they didnt like me tonight. I heard it has died down a bit in Powell. First time out in about a week and a half. Going to Iron Mines tomorrow morning.

Between Dinner Rock and Ironmines this morning 130 to 160 down with a green and glow hoochie.

IMG-20140614-iron.jpg

Iron Mines today, released 4 keepers lost 4 and bonked a 25 pounder. All on the green and glow hoochie.
IMG-20140615-25lber.jpg

Nice fish ! There was a good bite at the Sandbanks, Harwood Island, on the low tide this afternoon. We bonked one around 20, released a couple and lost a few all on plugs, the 700 4" Tubby was the hot one today

Derby up Toba on the weekend. Lots of fish around. Nothing big. Kept 7, biggest 18.5lbs. Lost 4. Released 23, all around 12-14lbs. Winner was 21. Good time was had by all. Some more than others. LOL Now I need to get some sleep!

Derby up Toba on the weekend. Lots of fish around. Nothing big. Kept 7, biggest 18.5lbs. Lost 4. Released 23, all around 12-14lbs. Winner was 21. Good time was had by all. Some more than others. LOL Now I need to get some sleep!
Nice work. The sleep thing always happens up there.

Six hours sleep in two nights kills me. We had a squall come through at Homfray Lodge at three in the morning. Four footers bouncing boats around. Cheated out of an hour there. Made it out fishing at five and the water was dead flat again. The water can be so unpredictable. Ran up to Stuart Island the day before the derby. I had a partner who has only been an around town fisherman. So went on a sight seeing cod run. Looks like the guides are fishing around the log dump again. Seen about a dozen boats there before the tide change. Heard of a couple 29's caught there on the radio. I think the next trip will be up that way. It is such a beautiful part of the coast. Nice to see the fishing is picking up around town. Not that there is any room in the freezer. LOL Good luck out there.

I've heard amazing reports from Stuart island area for weeks now. Lots of fish!

An old spot that is back from the dead is the Greek wall.

May long weekend, my buddy who guides for Sonora was saying that it was slow and lots of guides were running down to Whale Passage to fish. Nice to see fish up there again. It was slow most of last year up there.

Back