Powell River 2014

Comox to Coho point is closer then Kitty Coleman or VERY close to.

Kiity Coleman hump to Grants is less then 10 mins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird my buddy fished Grants last night and I saw pictures he got his limit of 6 biggest 16lbs, but he could have been late afternoon.
How long of a run is it for you from Comox?

That is weird,but it can go that way too.We got their about 5:30-It was a high slack at 8 ish- but nothing happenin- it took us about 40 minutes or 2-3 beer

I am in around Nelson Island/Quarry bay area a lot, wondering how Texada South/Pilings would probably be. Seeing as Powell is a long run, especially for Coho/ Harwood, etc?

I am in around Nelson Island/Quarry bay area a lot, wondering how Texada South/Pilings would probably be. Seeing as Powell is a long run, especially for Coho/ Harwood, etc?
If you cut across to Texada where the Hydro transmission line comes from Nelson Island to Texada, fishing can be really great in that area of Texada.

Thanks, I was thinking of heading in that general direction! Sounds like a plan... Either way I wont be surprised if it is better than east side of Malaspina Straight!

Maybe I'll find a spot to pick up some Dungey's finally too, kind of a rocky, no-crabs, dead zone where I'm at! :p

X2... Great fishing there and on the south end of Texada.... Sangster and Lasqueti.

Hambone have you fished The Sisters? Its been such a long time since I fished Sangster and Lasqueti and I was just wonder how the Sisters doing?

Hambone have you fished The Sisters? Its been such a long time since I fished Sangster and Lasqueti and I was just wonder how the Sisters doing?

Can't say I have before. I grew up on the Sunshine Coast, so the Sisters would be a bit far running out from Halfmoon Bay. I got a chance to fish Sangster/Lasqueti last summer and it blew my mind how many boats were out. Its great to see the inside improving so much over the last few years.

Any reports from Coho Point?
It's been alright, fished it on Thursday night. Picked up a 18 lber. Buddies have been doing better in the morning. Hoping to get out there on Sunday. There was orcas that went through on Tuesday.

Hi, fairly new to Campbell River and still learning the area. Is Coho on the northern tip of Texada? And where is Grants? Would it be best to drag the boat to Comox to launch or run from Campbell River?

Hi, fairly new to Campbell River and still learning the area. Is Coho on the northern tip of Texada? And where is Grants? Would it be best to drag the boat to Comox to launch or run from Campbell River?

Correct coho is northern point of texada on your charts it's called kiddie point. Grants is a reef between harwood Island and savary island west of mystery reef. I would motor from Campbell River less hassle.

Yes Coho point is the north end of Texada. Grant reefs is on the east side of Sentry Shoal. If you draw a line from Campbell River to Coho Point you will pretty much travel over Sentry and along Grants. If you look on a chart between Middlenatch, Savary and Harwood you will see Grants. Depending on the size of your boat you can run to Grants quite easily on a nice day just watch the weather.
However closer to home for you is the area off Quadra Lighthouse and the marker cans. You will see a lot of boats will fish that area as well as across from the old pulp mill site to the bluffs on Quadra, I seem to remember they are called Copper Bluffs?? on the map.

Morning fish at coho took 5 home splashed back a few. Coming in I couldn't believe how many boats were fishing out front.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Made it to Grants for the afternoon. Had just a blast. Land three nice springs and my fish coho sighting of the year.
Got into some yellow eye and lings as well.

They have real smileys over there, check it out for yourself. I had to take a picture.

Made it to Grants for the afternoon. Had just a blast. Land three nice springs and my fish coho sighting of the year.
Got into some yellow eye and lings as well.

They have real smileys over there, check it out for yourself. I had to take a picture.

I heard grants was good today as well. Many boats out there?

Yes Coho point is the north end of Texada. Grant reefs is on the east side of Sentry Shoal. If you draw a line from Campbell River to Coho Point you will pretty much travel over Sentry and along Grants. If you look on a chart between Middlenatch, Savary and Harwood you will see Grants. Depending on the size of your boat you can run to Grants quite easily on a nice day just watch the weather.
However closer to home for you is the area off Quadra Lighthouse and the marker cans. You will see a lot of boats will fish that area as well as across from the old pulp mill site to the bluffs on Quadra, I seem to remember they are called Copper Bluffs?? on the map.

Yes Copper Bluffs is on Quadra across from the Elk Falls site.

My buddy just text me he picked up a 30lbs Hali this morning at Grants trolling in 200ft. Love to hear about ECVI Hali.

Back