Powell River 2014

TheHurtLocker

Was out enjoying the great day today. It's starting to feel or at least today did like summer. Fished Rebecca Rock between Texada and Harwood. Could not believe the bait around. Used plugs all day lost 2 and gave 1 a gunnel massage. Saw 2 other boats out and 5 fish caught between them.

Bait2.jpgBait1.jpgmarch2014.jpgfilet.jpg

Did not have time to get a pic when it was caught, I was by myself and it was a bit of a gong show with 2 rods and trying to keep her between the lines.

1 barely legal chinook at coho point yesterday afternoon about an hour after low slack. He went for a plug. Quiet for the rest of the outing but a Beauty day!

Nice to see a good herring spawn from around the Westview Harbour up to Second beach just South of the Mill today.

Nice to see a good herring spawn from around the Westview Harbour up to Second beach just South of the Mill today.
bllom150.jpgBloom148.jpgbloom149.jpg
I just came back from Willington Beach, lots of water action with all the spawning going on. This is really starting to shape up for a great summer. It's hard to believe it could be better than last year.

We were pounded around yesterday from 7 to 2 pm. 2 shakers and 1 undersize. Wish I could go out today, beautiful out.

Once again pounded our way to the backside of harwood yesterday. Skunked my first time out in 2 months!

Went out for a couple hrs this morning. Lots of feed right outside the north harbour. Also had a quick troll north of Vananda. Good bait balls there too. But spent more time tossing seaweed than fishing

Coho Point was hot yesterday, saw most everyone there boat fish, Deep around 180 and pretty much anything green,
We got our limit and they ran 8-9 to about 15. 5 red and a white. Still a lot just undersize which bodes well for the summer if they stick around.

Ironmines, Coho Pt, and Rebecca Rock have been on fire the last 2 days. Really good sign so many fish and with good size are showing up this early. What a weekend.

Back