2014 Port Renfrew & Swiftsure Reports

Great comedy guys.

Glad you got the family some licenses good luck filling the boats with halibut. I'm happy to share our halibut TAC with our neighbours down south. I take more then my share of the US hatchery salmon run im sure. Your headed out at the perfect time - 2 per day now just mind the upper/lower slot limits.

Next time your in canada get some beer instead of smokes. The fish prefer anglers who drink Lucky. I agree no need to run to uki for halibut you might as well learn an area that is closer to home base. Be a fun adventure if you do decide to go though - you certainly have the boat for it. Good luck

Can't say what is going on at camper, Logan etc. I tend to stick around East pt. coho are showing up in bay. Lots out in deeper water. Some nice size, 10lbs.

Up for the derby Saturday and Sunday, good luck to those who are coming up.
T2

Fished out front of renfrew on Thursday. Running my friends boat back with him from bamfield. Pulled up around 9 or so and spoke to one boat who was limited out already with lots of action. Were pretty stoked as we set the gear in anticipation of fast and furious coho action. Well after about an hour with no hits things were starting to get concerning, I dropped down to 92 feet and the rod hammers away armed with the uv white hoochy. Fish ended up being a beauty 13 pounder. The action turned on for the next couple hours, using 6 inch chovy and the uv white which I doubled up on on one side. Lots of doubles lots of fun. Good viz and flat water

I know the Coho fishing probably has all but stopped in Renfrew but was wondering if anyone has been out lately fishing or even crabbing? I just booked a trip for a week on Tuesday for my youngest boy and I. I was planning on getting 3 or 4 days in out at the cabin and will probably just bring out my aluminum since the docks won't be in. Not a big fishing trip by any means but mostly crabbing in the bay and might sneak around the corner weather permitting. One last trip before we hunker down for the cold winter up North! lol Thanks.......

Back