Wow

one more round .....:(

Careful Craven........I had disapproval of making a statement like that on the 4th or 5th go round. :eek:

At this point with this video.....if media isn't picking it up and DFO is as per usual just sitting on their thumbs there isn't much left to do other than be peeved about it. Unfortunately they are entirely within their rights in what they're doing......as disgusting as we may all find it. :rolleyes:

At this point with this video.....if media isn't picking it up and DFO is as per usual just sitting on their thumbs there isn't much left to do other than be peeved about it. Unfortunately they are entirely within their rights in what they're doing......as disgusting as we may all find it. :rolleyes:

Hey Pips, In one of the other threads Deewar mentioned that Global was interested and he was trying to find someone with the right contacts ?
would be good to get this into the eye of the public, legal or not.

Hey Pips, In one of the other threads Deewar mentioned that Global was interested and he was trying to find someone with the right contacts ?
would be good to get this into the eye of the public, legal or not.

Oh!!! I missed it but I thought I did read on a thread either on here...BCFR or HuntingBC that it was sent to Global and their New Director or someone like that just shrugged it off as it is entirely within their rights to do??

Who knows....maybe they are working on a story but if it's Global I sure don't know how it's going to be spun?!?!? :rolleyes: ;)

This video is like dog poop stuck to your shoe, just when you think you have it all scraped off, you find more, and the stink just won't go away.

Someone called into 99.3 the fox this morning on open phones and commented on it. They didn't talk about it much but told people to search youtube for vancouver salmon massacre. Seems to be getting around slowly.

Honestly, I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up about that video. Those guys are well within their rights to catch the fish..and using weirs is the way they have caught salmon for thousands of years. Are you upset because they are wearing nikes and not traditional garb?

Sure, they could have been a little less harsh when killing the fish, but I dont see what the big deal is? This is a food fishery for them, and thats it. Ask the First Nations what they think of the sporties gill-hooking coho and then gingerly releasing them back into the chuck only to get eaten by seals....for sport.

Is it because they were not ID'ing the fish? That is a school of hatchery coho (maybe a couple hundred fish) that ran up the river at once. The hatchery was put there for First Nations and sporties and commies alike to take fish from. The river and wild fish populations were destroyed when the Cleveland Dam was built on the First Nations land so we can have drinking water in Vancouver. As a concession a hatchery was built. Once again, they are HATCHERY fish...and it looks like they are having a great time. Get over it...

one mo' time---resource extraction under any name is not a pretty business. Youtube just puts a big magnifying glass on it. If the consumer saw a color vid of a purse seiner filling the RSW tanks with a spewing gout of sockeye after a big set, the crew whooping and hollering on deck knowing they'd just struck pay dirt, it might generate the same response. Maybe a bit worse if the crew all wore Under Armour and Nikes instead of Helly Hanson...

Sure, they could have been a little less harsh when killing the fish, but I dont see what the big deal is? This is a food fishery for them, and thats it. SO THEY DO NOT SELL ANY?

Ask the First Nations what they think of the sporties gill-hooking coho and then gingerly releasing them back into the chuck only to get eaten by seals....for sport. THIS IS WHAT DFO TELLS US TO DO!! otherwise it would catch two and done!!!

Honestly, I don't know why you guys are getting so worked up about that video. Those guys are well within their rights to catch the fish..and using weirs is the way they have caught salmon for thousands of years. Are you upset because they are wearing nikes and not traditional garb?

Sure, they could have been a little less harsh when killing the fish, but I dont see what the big deal is? This is a food fishery for them, and thats it. Ask the First Nations what they think of the sporties gill-hooking coho and then gingerly releasing them back into the chuck only to get eaten by seals....for sport.

Is it because they were not ID'ing the fish? That is a school of hatchery coho (maybe a couple hundred fish) that ran up the river at once. The hatchery was put there for First Nations and sporties and commies alike to take fish from. The river and wild fish populations were destroyed when the Cleveland Dam was built on the First Nations land so we can have drinking water in Vancouver. As a concession a hatchery was built. Once again, they are HATCHERY fish...and it looks like they are having a great time. Get over it...

Good point!

one mo' time---resource extraction under any name is not a pretty business. Youtube just puts a big magnifying glass on it. If the consumer saw a color vid of a purse seiner filling the RSW tanks with a spewing gout of sockeye after a big set, the crew whooping and hollering on deck knowing they'd just struck pay dirt, it might generate the same response. Maybe a bit worse if the crew all wore Under Armour and Nikes instead of Helly Hanson...

Exactly, who was responsible for decimating the Herring in Georgia Strait, the Cod Fishery on the East Coast?

Back