Victoria Reports - Spring and Summer 2012

Is this thread meant for both hali and salmon? There is a hali 2012 thread but it hasn't seen any action in awhile.

Anyways caught two Hali's off Pedder/Race on Friday the 30th! Nice to finally get out on a weekday and have some space to myself :D. Got our limit in about 2.5 hours. Landed these guys and lost two other good hits. Only one doggie!

20120330-DSC_0190(1).jpg

went out to constance bank on saturday and back at the dock by 11am with our 2 halis 35 and 23lbers,on herring

I agree, salmon fish if your fishing east of JR
The tide flow is at 3+ and the only place to get a ball down to bottom will be around JR.

Salmon fishing in the Sooke area has been great. Yesterday I saw 4 boats come into the dock and all had 3 or 4 fish and said they lost 4 or 5 fish.
The Vic area??? it's probably been to winds to get out.

Salmon fishing in the Sooke area has been great. Yesterday I saw 4 boats come into the dock and all had 3 or 4 fish and said they lost 4 or 5 fish.

Yes i agree, but it's looking up for the weekend !

Yeah Craven,theres some great fishing at Constance right now and not to bad on the seals,lost one today to the seal but another buddy lost 4 fish are 7-12 lbs mostly hatchery,gay pride squirt and cop car

going to go out to costance bank all 3 days this weekend to get me some chinook,maybe drift around for a while and try our luck for a hali or 2,,depends on how long we can keep our gear down at the botom during tide change,,good luck to all you guys going out to fish,,looks like a good weather weekend in front of us

Got my first hali today off waterfront nice 25Lber can't wait till the tides get better to get some more.

Got my first hali today off waterfront nice 25Lber can't wait till the tides get better to get some more.

congrats coopsie! Nice to get some hali blood on the deck I bet. Slack was surprisingly long in Haro after a steaming ebb. Managed a nice hali as well.

beemer

went out to constance bank with rook this morning,,didn't take the anchor system,,should have, there were alot of guys anchored up for hali's,so we drifted around for 3 hours and my buddy rook caught a nice 25lb hali and 8 nice dungy's

all slots doug, or is there some decent hatch in sooke as well?

all slots doug, or is there some decent hatch in sooke as well?

It occurs to me that more than ever, it is important that all hatchery Chinook be clipped. Any chance we will be allowed to Clip Chinook along with the Coho at the Jack Brooks Hatchery this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Boomer, how's the fishing? I haven't been out yet busy with the little one. We just bought a new boat, Come's fully loaded everything but the american flag. See you on the water next week.

Attachments

• Skagit Orca 018.jpg
    Skagit Orca 018.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 170
Back