Wtf????

Lipripper

Are ya lost buddy?.... Feeling a little under the weather?

IMG_1669.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

I think we should call him San Juan ;)

Wonder if it is the same one the guy got back a few years ago?

He had some wounds but was just cruisin around

There is a hint in italic

Last edited by a moderator:
How big was he LR? From the pis I'm guessing maybe 3 1/2-4 feet? Might be out of place, but nice to see just the same.

Not out of place at all-about 10% of White Sturgeon are anadromous and sightings in Vancouver Island rivers are common.

Not out of place at all-about 10% of White Sturgeon are anadromous and sightings in Vancouver Island rivers are common.

Yeah just never seen one... Heard stories of Nitnat, Somas, and of course the guy that supposedly got one in the SJ a couple years ago... wonder if he was the same one.
Halillama told me a story about halis and sturgoen
He was almost 5ft(guessing) BB

Been seen in the Campbell also.

Take care.

Nice pics Dan....:D Yes, I have caught large sturgeon in the San Juan & Fairy Lake and also the Nitnat river while steelheading. The weirdest catch of sturgeon I've had is inside the stomach of a Big Halibut caught off of Jordan River. The 2 sturgeon were 29 1/2'' and 27'' long and were easily identified, The largest one was only missing its eyes and looked like it could have swam off if we let it go. The other was missing some skin and soft tissue(ate by stomach acid). We were laughing about not being able to 'match the hatch' for bait that day. :p We always look to see what the Hali's are eating to try to catch more.:cool:
Keep Up the good work and keep the Pics coming.

San Juan

Where are the best spots for coho and steelhead fishing in San Juan? Below or above of Fairy Lake? About to go there after couple of weeks..

Where are the best spots for coho and steelhead fishing in San Juan? Below or above of Fairy Lake? About to go there after couple of weeks..

If you want to catch the most fish I would say above fairy lake (once the coho are in it is still early) but I don't think you can keep any. Like the other person said if you can get em before they cross under the bridge salt water regs apply and you can keep them (the coho at least).

never seen one of those dinosaurs in person, that would freak me rite out...holmes*

No it wouldn't....
We were chasing these........

IMG_1617.jpg

Putting up one of the few estuary arms on the electric. There was a Heron that didn't seem to mind us going by......
(shot with a 18-55 lens...it was close)

IMG_1656.jpg

She got this one right when I was WTF STURGEON!!...

She snapped

IMG_1658.jpg

Go to page 3

Then with me freakin out in the back of the boat....

IMG_1662.jpg

There is 8 of those on the SD card..... she didn't see it. Then did..

IMG_1665.jpg

is what I was freakin out about.....
When I saw it.. Right away I knew what it was (And yes damn near knocked me right out the back boat with astonishment)

Watched it for almost half an hour.... kickin myself that I didn't take the waterproof cam (cause I would have jumped in with it).

I had my 9ft fly rod in my hand and it swam by the boat...again.. I rubbed it with the tip on the pec fin as I thought it was dying or something....
The thing rolled over like it liked it.... Gave him a couple more scratches and it swam along.
A miss-step in the boat or louder noise... it would drop to the bottom of the pool. Shut up for a while it would come back up. They must be blind......

Polarizing filter may have been used
One of the cooler things I have seen in my life..

ChrisP you have a pm coming about the image restrictions :mad:

How big u recon it was? knowing u it must of been close to home ;) timing is everything...good one bro...

Back