Hunting: 2011

Little Hawk

Well I'm not sure if I'll get out this year or not. In the process of selling my house and moving (E. Sooke) so there may be schedule issues, or, priority issues maybe.

Like to hear what some of you boys have planned and how you all made out this year.
Bring it on; I love a good huntin' tale...

Good luck and be safe out there!

Cheers,
Terry

In about 4 weeks I'll be moose hunting north of Prince George. Before and after.... blacktail hunting near Chilliwack.... November, flattop mulie in Boston Bar.

MOOSE in 3 weeks up north then my annual sask trip nov 21 st if im not after salmon ill go after big game!!!!!!

Off guiding on the 21st, then my own moose hunt in Oct, then chasing deer on the Island.

Good luck to everyone this season and be safe.

Cheers

SS

Jackel: Sounds like a fall to die for! I envy you...

Sheep at the end of this month.
Dave

'Le-bump!'

Come on boys, for all us who might not get out this year; where/when are you going? What'cha after?
Also be sure and post how it all turned out when you get back.

Good luck and be safe out there...

Normally I'd be north for moose, bear, elk, geese, ducks, and deer but this year I think I'll be skipping it. Have too much on my plate. Best of luck to all of you. May you fill your freezers... Want some good tips of where to hunt NW of PG, let me know via pm.

Leave Victoria on the 23rd of Sept, long road trip, heading up to Atlin for Moose & Cariboo, first long hunting trip with my 11 year old son, hopefully he gets to shoot a Moose.

Cant wait

Just got back today we got 2 very nice bulls was awsome time LOTS of bears ill report and post pics later on....

Wolf

Got my first ever deer last night! A spike buck on saltspring.
No trips planned other than some more island deer chasing.

Congrats N2! Did you suffer any religious-like experience afterwards like I did? Right after I shot my first deer back in the late 70's (north of Lilloet), I stood over the critter and looked to the heavens and yelled "Thank-you!". Then in the next instant it began (like someone threw a switch) to snow - hard & heavy the size of ping-pong balls. It hadn't snowed even one flake the previous 2-wks.

Congrats N2! Did you suffer any religious-like experience afterwards like I did? Right after I shot my first deer back in the late 70's (north of Lilloet), I stood over the critter and looked to the heavens and yelled "Thank-you!". Then in the next instant it began (like someone threw a switch) to snow - hard & heavy the size of ping-pong balls. It hadn't snowed even one flake the previous 2-wks.

Haha wow,
nope nothing like that for me. Got him in the last 20 minutes of shooting light and then the work began.

first weekend of my bull draw north of the loops.......missed a chance at a nice bull!!!!! damn thing would just not stop movin! got the juices flowin though! need to practice up on my running shots!!!!:) off again next weekend! hopefully!!!!

Well here is some pics of our camp and the moose my buddy and I shot..
Day 1 morning very awsome sunrise as you see here then it snowed??? WTF and very high winds all we saw were bears all day as the moose we hunkered down probablly 50 km winds for day 2 as well no moose again finally in the late afternoon the wind died and the first moose goes down a long shot close to 500 yds away (yes we ranged him before we shot) after a few shots down he goes a nice young eater bull just what I wanted...

Attachments

• 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 037.jpg
    037.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Moose hunt 2011 008.jpg
    Moose hunt 2011 008.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 112
  • p1000742.jpg
    p1000742.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 119
Lippripper or who ever you know what I want make the pics bigger LOL LOL
I still dont know wtf im doing wrong LOL

Another pic of our camp and the "KITCHEN" and a little something I prepared for the boys after all moose were hung up "eggs benny ala moose" with home fried potatoes with bacon and onions......had a nice wood stove and a genny up there for power to play crib and ummmm bevies it was right beside the creek we get water from very awsome camping spot...

last pic was us hauling the moose out on the quad and all of us being goofy well me more than normal because after such a long time of not being able to get a draw i was very excited knowing I was going to have moose once again as its my favorite, What this trip meant to me more than anything just like in fishing is the TIME well spent with buddies having fun and cherishing the times we get to have to do this stuff be it salmon fishing or hunting we all have to take advantage of the time we get to spend with each other.....

The only problem was the damn warm weather or else id still be up there for open bull season with a bow as I know a spot for sure where I could have called on in but wasnt meant to be Im very happy with what we got...

Wolf

Attachments

• p1000738.jpg
    p1000738.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 193
  • p1000739.jpg
    p1000739.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 184
  • p1000773.jpg
    p1000773.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 047.jpg