ZurTro Lures 2011 Start of Season Sale

ZurTro Lures is having a 2011 Start of Season Sale.

All spoons are 15% off.

We have streamlined our online store and the spoons available for 2011.

The 314 and 334 sizes will be available online and in retail stores, and the 512 size will be available online only.

NEW FOR 2011: All of our spoons will now have the UV coating. This changes the Island Sunrise, Rosco, Money, and the 50/50's to UV. The Rosco and Money will also be Glow for 2011.

ZurTroLures2011.jpg

Be sure to visit our online store at http://www.zurtrolures.ca

Sale ends February 28, 2011.

I have never used one of these spoons. Has anyone that I know ever used one of these spoons? Just wondering...I think I recall these from RVP"s Killfish website but that was shut down. I am thinking that these are those spoons. Are they not? Were these the ones that in which the rings came apart. I may be wrong. Just asking.

...I think I recall these from RVP"s Killfish website but that was shut down. I am thinking that these are those spoons. Are they not? Were these the ones that in which the rings came apart. I may be wrong. Just asking.
No these are not the same spoons.

I have never used one of these spoons. Has anyone that I know ever used one of these spoons? Just wondering...I think I recall these from RVP"s Killfish website but that was shut down. I am thinking that these are those spoons. Are they not? Were these the ones that in which the rings came apart. I may be wrong. Just asking.

Hi FA,
These are NOT the same spoons you mention.
These were introduced last year and have only been for sale in our online store and at The Harbour Chandler in Nanaimo.
We have received excellent feedback on the quality of these spoons.
Thanks,
BT

Can't wait to try one then.

Glad it is not the ones Robert was trying to sell with badly welded rings and peeling paint.

But again has anyone that I know tried one? Hey not that I wouldn't give it a go.

Send me one. I would love to give it one a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I helped design this one one last year and put her down a few times in may(caught fish on it). Green back,glow strip on belly. Unfortantly it was a bit bigger than the local bait so i mostly used smaller spoons. Ill be sure to put them down more this season. They are high quality but i did not like the supplied hooks which is not a big deal. Takes 2 minutes to switch it out to your favourite just like coyotes.

spoon.jpg

spoon-1.jpg

spoonie.jpg

Maybe its the picture Kelly but the little silver spoon thingy looks to be on the wrong side of the hook. The hook should be on the dimpled side. Looks hot though.

We had good success with the money in a 3.75" around Nanaimo and French Creek. The Island Sunrise produced extremely well at Port Renfrew in the summer and Ucluelet in early September - 6' behind a Betsy flasher.

Rob no longer posting on this site , in his defence , I would like to clarify somthing , was the product at question a " Test " lure , was it NOT for sale to anyone , trials and tribulations of developing a product. He alway's makes that clear to us

I and a selective few test run gear for Rob from time to time, we fully understand what product is for the general public , and what is a" test " only " product
let me tell ya , he has came up with a few Great Producers

not fare to curb him like that , if there is a personal issue , it should be dealt with in a proper environment , not on a public forum

mtb

Sorry Buisness Time for steppin on ur thread , Ur spoons look great..

Felix - FD

Last edited by a moderator:
Rob no longer posting on this site , in his defence , I would like to clarify somthing , was the product at question a " Test " lure , was it NOT for sale to anyone , trials and tribulations of developing a product. He alway's makes that clear to us

I and a selective few test run gear for Rob from time to time, we fully understand what product is for the general public , and what is a" test " only " product
let me tell ya , he has came up with a few Great Producers

not fare to curb him like that , if there is a personal issue , it should be dealt with in a proper environment , not on a public forum

mtb

Sorry Buisness Time for steppin on ur thread , Ur spoons look great..

Felix - FD

Hey FD, No problem. I agree this isn't the place.

I can appreciate the issues with developing a new product.

BT

I purchased the all green and the UV/Glow Money 3 3/4" and the finish and paint on them are really quite exceptional, just compare a coyote 5.0 green/white glow with the UV Glow/money and it appears there is no real contest between the two as to the quality of the spoon....Now I just have to get out and see if they fish as good as they look...Also the hook they use is good and you don't have to replace it like the coyote china hooks...

Ya I bought 2 at the end of the season last year. I bought purple haze and glo money. Definitely change hooks and remove the silver thingy as it will rust very quickly. I have tried both on this side(ECVI) and have not had any luck but to be fair all my Winter fish have been on bait and hootchys. They are definitely hot looking spoons and will start producing in a few months. Used my credit card and everything went smoothly and I think shipping was free. BRS

Back